Course Completion Deadline with Notifications

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Course Completion Deadline with Notifications

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    damiko
    Participant
    Hi there, A bit of a learning curve to your theme, but now that I got the hang of it, it's pretty amazing! Question: Is it possible to set a deadline for course completion? For example, a training program would need to be completed before a specific date, at which point it becomes "closed". Furthermore, we need to be able to send email notifications (buddypress notifications would be a bonus) in specified intervals: for example: 30 days before course deadline students would receive a notification, 15 days before course deadline students would receive a notification. Now I realize that some (or all) of this might require customization. If so, could you provide a quote? It is a definite requirement of my client. Thanks!
    Mark Morgan
    Spectator
    Yes, you can set the course duration by editing course from course -> edit course -> settings -> course duration. You can set a fix time for the email before the course will expire. To do this go to wp-admin -> LMS -> Setting -> Emails ->  Emails  Schedule-> Schedule course expiry email. Refer : http://prntscr.com/kmevip
    damiko
    Participant
    Okay, thanks! Both these options are close, but not quite what I require.
    1. Course Duration: I required an input for a specific date to be entered, rather than have the user have to calculate the exact number of days to that date. (For example: Dec 15, 2018).

2. Scheduled Email: These emails need to be configured on a per course basis, as different courses have different reminder intervals. Also, I need the input to be more flexible (like, 15 days). And finally, my client requires multiple scheduled email (example, course due in 2 weeks, then course due on 1 week).

I know this is beyond the current capabilities of the theme, but I see it mentioned in other threads that you do customizations. Can you please provide a quote to integrate these customizations? Thanks

Mark Morgan
    Spectator
    Hello, 1) To set the course end date you need to add the code given in this tip. Refer: https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/setting-a-course-end-date/ 2) Please tell me in brief that what are the intervals of emails. How many time you wanna send emails to a user before course get expired? Do you want to send the remaining time also in your mail content?
    damiko
    Participant
    Hey Mark, I mocked up an interface to show what I would like: https://i.imgur.com/atabU97.png I require two notification options as a minimum, but an option to add more would be nice (but not required). This is above my capabilities, so I would like to hire someone there to implement this customization. Would you be able to provide a quote?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    This reply has been marked as private.
    damiko
    Participant
    Hi Alex, I would like to move forward with this customization. How soon can it be completed? And what do you need from me to proceed? Thanks!
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    well it might take some time as we are busy with theme update 3.7 and also receiving a lot of queries . It might take us 3 days to a week to complete it .
    damiko
    Participant
    Sounds good.. .do you need a deposit? Does this mean we can expect it to be done sometime next week? Thanks very much, Mike
    damiko
    Participant
    Hi Alex, just checking to see where we are at with this. Thanks, Mike
    Mark Morgan
    Spectator
    Actually we're busy in releasing our 3.7 update, we will start working on your plugin from monday.
    damiko
    Participant
    Sounds good, Mark. Looking forward to it!
    damiko
    Participant
    Hi Mark... how is the progress with this customization?
    Diana
    Participant
    @damiko, Apologies for this delayed response.. But I am answering you in the absence of @mark morgan. He is not available today. So Please ping him back tomorrow.
    damiko
    Participant
    Hey Diana/Mark... where are we at with this? Thanks, Mike
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • The topic ‘Course Completion Deadline with Notifications’ is closed to new replies.