Course Completion Deadline with Notifications

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Course Completion Deadline with Notifications

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Im sorry we were so much busy with the support queries and as well as theme update and its bugs recently .I hope we will get time for this in upcoming days ..  
    damiko
    Participant
    Okay, thanks... I'll check back shortly.  
    • Mike
    damiko
    Participant
    Hey Alex, were you able to complete this customization this week?
    damiko
    Participant
    Actually, I think I can really simplify this for you. Can we just make the notifications relative to the Course Duration instead? This should be easier, as this is how the system currently works. Just need to add the notification function in the Instructor admin.
    damiko
    Participant
    Hey Alex, it's been a couple months since we started this thread. How can I go about getting this complete? I posted in the customizations forum, but did not receive any replies: https://wplms.io/support/forums/topic/custom-course-deadline-notification-touchpoint/ I think this should be easier than what we originally discussed, by taking advantage of the Touchpoint functionality that already exists. May I please get an update on this? Thanks, Mike
    Scott Lang
    Since mark is not available. I would like to take this. Please clarify the requirements : a. You need a course deadline field. b. A new Touch point to be added to send notifications/eamisl to user.s
    damiko
    Participant
    Thanks for jumping in Scott. Let me start over since it has changed a little bit since the start of the thread:
    1. "Total Duration of Course" field works for the course expiration/deadline field. I was not yet aware of this field when I opened the ticket.
    2. I require a custom touchpoint for student and instructor.
    3. Like the other touchpoints, you can select notification, email, and/or message.
    4. I also require a number field for how many days before the deadline it sends. Example, 15 days before the course expires.
    5. There is to be multiple notifications/messages/emails to be sent. For example, one might set 5 days, another for 10, another for 30. I repeater field would be nice, but it's probably easiest to just have separate touchpoints. For example, Deadline Notification 1, Deadline Notification 2, Deadline Notification 3 (3 would suffice).
    Does this make sense? Thanks again for chiming in!
    damiko
    Participant
    Anybody? What do I have to do to make this happen? :(
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    2.  custom touchpoint  detail was not there before , it was just the email before .  This will not be done . will add a tab in course admin to add multiple notification email settings . We are not getting much of free time and resources these days . Please provide us some time to do this .
    damiko
    Participant
    Okay, I understand. Thanks for explaining. I have engaged another developer for this task. Thanks for the response, Mike
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Okay that is great .Tell him to check the " bp-course-scheduler.php " file in wp-content\plugins\vibe-course-module\includes folder .this is where we have current email notification for expiring of course
    damiko
    Participant
    Okay, awesome! I passed on that information. Thanks for the tip :)
Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • The topic ‘Course Completion Deadline with Notifications’ is closed to new replies.