courses directory or all courses page problems

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues courses directory or all courses page problems

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    ateya3d
    Spectator
    Hello i have a problems in courses directory page all images in the courses get the full image not the correct size image i use a CDN service and i have a problem only in courses page every image loaded twice one form the cdn and the second one from my server i have talked to the CDN support because i get a very fast reply from him and he inspect my website and tell me this is theme issue related again all my website pages work without any problem with CDN and load the correct page size Only the courses page have this problem
    ateya3d
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    ateya3d
    Spectator
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    The ideal size of course image is 768px width. because the bootstrap resizes at : https://prnt.sc/sl2ekm We're using the_post_thumbnail function which is producing the srcset which updates automatically with screensize. However you can fix the size of the course image : bp_course_avatar() to bp_course_avatar(array('size'->'medium')) in wp admin - plugins - editor - vibe-course-module / incudes/ bp-course-template.php
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    The courses page is re-designed in react in the 4.0 update. The directory pages are not indexed in google and best to convert code from jquery to react.
    ateya3d
    Spectator
    simply when i try to change this code as you say bp_course_avatar() to bp_course_avatar(array('size'->'medium')) in wp admin - plugins - editor - vibe-course-module / incudes/ bp-course-template.php i get this error in the website ParseError thrown syntax error, unexpected '&'
    ateya3d
    Spectator
    ParseError thrown syntax error, unexpected ''medium'' (T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING), expecting identifier (T_STRING) or variable (T_VARIABLE) or '{' or '$'
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    bp_course_avatar(array('size'=>'medium')) Arrow issue.
    ateya3d
    Spectator
    Hello Mr.Vibe your code solve the courses image size, but how can i use it in the next update ?? will solve it in the coming update or every update i must correct it manually ?? the second problem not solved problem with the CDN service not solved and the images in the courses directory served 2 times one from the CDN and the second one from my domain please review the illustrated details in the start of this topic
    ateya3d
    Spectator
    how can i do this from your reply The directory pages are not indexed in google and best to convert code from jquery to react.
    ateya3d
    Spectator
    how can i make courses directory pages without changing the URL link you here https://wplms.io/demos/demo10/all-courses/ when press on page numbers url not changed and add page number to it link this in my website items_page=2
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    I added a filter for the next update. So this code will work. add_filter('bp_course_get_avatar',function($args){$args['size']='medium'; return $args;});  
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    We're using the "get_the_post_thumbnail" function from WordPress for displaying images. The CDN should automatically detect and replace the image src, so this should be ideally handled by the CDN plugin. Jetpack's photon does this job, Please share an example page to locate this : https://prnt.sc/sm4v1q , currently it seems working fine.
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    The last issue seems about pagination in course directory is not a usual issue. We need to inspect this. could be because of deferred javascript in your site.
    ateya3d
    Spectator
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • The topic ‘courses directory or all courses page problems’ is closed to new replies.