Custom navigation tab on course page

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Custom navigation tab on course page

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    dantwah
    Spectator
    Hi there! I would like to add a custom nav tab (like home, curriculum and review) for two other sections on my course page. For the related courses and for a custom section i build that gives info on the instructor. I saw this arictle but it does not give support on how to actually achieve it: https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/tabs-style-in-course-menu-with-custom-sections/ See http://testend.nl/demo1/cursus/online-cursus-photoshop/ for info. So question is how to create a custom nav tab?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    You can use the wplms course custom nav plugin : https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/wplms-course-custom-nav-plugin/
    dantwah
    Spectator
    Yeah i tried that but it does not work. I created a custom div in the frontc2 file i want it to link to that div in the tab style. When i create custom nav with the slug /#customdiv it gets al weird. It messes with the tab layout. After a while the order items (curriculum, home) do not link like they should anymore. Is there some way that i can place it in directly in the code. I have trouble finding this nav bar. Where is it located?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi... I am not sure what are you trying to achieve by making changes in the files. You simply need to use the wplms course custom nav plugin and create the custom sections in it without any # or any special character in it. Then add content in the custom sections and the tab style will automatically handle it.
    dantwah
    Spectator
    Well the thing is I would like to add php functionality to the custom section and place the custom section above the course curriculum. I believe I can't do this with the custom navigation plugin, so that why I thought to change it in the code.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi... In wplms 2.9 version we have added the course menu feature where you can reorder the course menu, but it will not work for tab style. Its not available in wplms as of now.
    dantwah
    Spectator
    Yeah i saw the blog post about it indeed. To bad it won't work for the tab layout. So any chance I can change it by accessing the code of the item-nav bar? If so where can i find it?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi... It cannot be changed because the default course menu array doesn't contain the custom section in it, it comes from the different plugin and therefore it cannot be changed.  
    dantwah
    Spectator
    Hi! Thanks for getting back! Hmm, is it possible to edit the custom section menu? In which plugin / file is it located?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi... If you really want to dig into the code then, the code for custom sections are present in the wplms course custom nav plugin and the course menu comes from the vibe course module plugin.  
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Custom navigation tab on course page’ is closed to new replies.