Default WordPress Login

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Default WordPress Login

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    kffaner
    Spectator
    These issues with users getting "Missing Security" error is really pissing me off, my users who paid money to subscribe to our courses are unable to login! Imagine how frustratign that is!!! I had a thought, would default wordpress login screen have these issues? I dont think so. How can i change the login to lead to default wordpress login page isntead of wplms login nonsense which is causing me trouble? And dont even try telling me this was fixed, i don't wanna hear that bull, or that you are unable to replciate it (not my problem!). Just give me a way to bypass this nonsense. If default wordpress login bypassing your security screening then ill go with that, but then i need a way to make the login button lead to default wordpress login and not your login table.
    kffaner
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    simply goto wp-admin -> wplms-> buddypress -> enable ajax registration and login -> disable .
    kffaner
    Spectator
    i did disable it today. we will see if that has any effect on "missing security" issue, as i was told maybe 3-5 different "fixes" by now and none of them worked.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well the issue is not being replicated on any of our test and demo sites . You can go ahead and check any of our demo sites with ajax login enabled . If there is an issue in code then it would replicate on all sites not just yours  .   We have seen this issue on website of some users who has caching enabled . Note that caching comes with pros and some cons too . That field is which is causing this error is added for security on login and it is being cached due to which its value does not updates and when it comes to validating it fails .   The issue can only be replicated when there's been some internal caching on server .     The issue will not appear if you disable ajax login and registration coz now there is security field in place and login is authenticated from wp-login.php .      
    kffaner
    Spectator
    yup i disabled it an so far im not getting reset password emails (which was an indication of this error happening) gonna wait few more days to really know if this is not happening anymore.   Well almost every website has some sort of caching, so clearly this is something that should have been thought of when programming his function on wplms. I would say just remove this function all together, the benefit of ajax login/registration is low compared to the cost of users unable to login.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    We do use wordpress coding standards. The issue is not replicating on any of our test and demo sites ,plus there are other users of wplms who are not facing these issues . Only people with caching plugins are facing such issues . The issue relies in the caching you have used maybe in past as I have seen your files on your server you still have a cache folder in your wp-content folder. It seems like your deactivation of caching plugin was not done properly which is leading to this issue . I began to think you have set your mind that this is theme issue and can be fixed by code . But please note that we cannot change other third party plugin codes and whatever they are doing to the site by our code . 
    kffaner
    Spectator
    When you write the code, do you not take into consideration caching? Caching is one of the most commonly used methods to increase the speeds of page loads, virtually every server has some form of caching.   if the plugin is deactivated how can it still be causing problems? I am weary about deleting any folders from the server, i dont know if that would crash the website or not.   I am still getting password reset emails but much less of them, so still not sure if its working or not, gonna have to wait and see if anyone complains about getting "missing security" error.   Please check your forum, just do a simple search with keywords "missing security" you will see at least 5 other users with the same problem so it is NOT just me.
    Mark Morgan
    Spectator
    All those users have some caching in their site and they admitted this. This issue is caching related, the page is cached in browser all the time.
    kffaner
    Spectator
    exactly my point (which you won't get). Here is another example of the poor quality of service of this team: today i logged in to find out that LMS registration settings were changed by someone in your team from "default activation email" to "disable activation email and approve registrations manually" which is a TERRIBLE idea, and has nothing to do with the LOGIN. Certainly i changed admin login credentials so that your team has no more access to my site. You should NEVER change clients settings without notification of and reasoning behind it.   You guys need to invest time in perfecting the existing code of WPLMS which is FULL of glitches and take time on educating and communicating with your team which is clearly not done right.
    kffaner
    Spectator
    "Missing Security" error is still happening, i disabled ajax login/registration, i made sure front page is exempt from caching, i set general cache at 20hrs, followed every single one of your suggestions and clearly it still does not work so ill ask again, as the thread title indicates: How do i make it so that once a person presses Login button, it leads them to default WP login instead of your wplms login pop up screen?
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    I have added a fix for this, the security will now be fetched in ajax call so it will be independent of  caching. Please give me few hours and we can fix this forever in your site.   p.s : Currently I see that you're using WordPress standard login system where theme code does not apply. If you're getting caching issues here then it is a different issue. My fix would only work for ajax login.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    This reply has been marked as private.
    kffaner
    Spectator
    yeah i figured it out with my developer how to set it to redirect to default wp-login screen. i should not have this missing security issue if i use default login, you guys really need to either fix the missing security error instead of giving excuses, or provide a function to switch to default login screen.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Support will be added for to make the ajax login feature compatible with caching . Provide some time to fix this .   Again I would mention when the browser does not makes hit to site and shows the cached page instead which it has saved then it is not our issue .USer need to clear browser cache in this case.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • The topic ‘Default WordPress Login’ is closed to new replies.