Email touchpoints not working properly after WPLMS / VIBEBP update

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Email touchpoints not working properly after WPLMS / VIBEBP update

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    ScottKing2020
    Participant
    Hi Since the latest Wplms / Vibebp update I am only getting some emails through. I should be getting an email every time somebody completes a course as i was before updating the plugins. Please do not tell me to check the touchpoints or blame a third party plug in. Nothing has changed in the site other than plugin updates for VIBEBP and WPLMS. I have checked the touchpoints and the correct instructor email touchpoints are checked. Also when i add a student to a course they should be notified and now they are not... since the plugin update. Every time you release an update there is a some kind of problem. My site is running fine then I update and I have to spend a week or so fixing the bugs from your latest update. its taking alot of time away from my actual work Please assist. There are other issues but Ill raise separate topics for those.
    Veronica
    hi can you please be more specific like which emails are sending as course subscribed email should work if not then please provide details in a private reply i will replicate and check this on your site and this is something not related to update as this particular one is working before and after the update as well
    ScottKing2020
    Participant
    So I do not need to be notifed every time a student interacts with the site. That wouuld be far too many emails. So i had it set up so that i would recieve an email every time a student completed a course. I also recieved an email whenever a student submitted a course review. Since updating your plugins i am no longer receiving these emails. the only emails i am receiving now are new site registrations and password changes. So i went into the LMS settings and checked that the relevant touchpoints where on and they were. I figured they may have been switched off with the updates but they have not been. They are set to instructor receiving emails. So i checked on my user settings to check that my user role was administrator AND instructor and it is, as it was before. There are no changes that I can see in the settings, I just not receiving these email notifications anymore. There is no other active plugin dealing with emails on my site. I am the only one creating and administrating courses on this site but there are over 600 people using the site. I need to be notified when they complete courses otherwise I am manually having to check the activity log to see who has done what each week.
    ScottKing2020
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    ScottKing2020
    Participant
    Veronica
    hi for the image issue please check your have added this code in custom CSS section https://prnt.sc/1b0vdmi and for the rest email touch point i will test this on local as well then. let you know and also confirm are you getting the course subscribed email?
    ScottKing2020
    Participant
    Hi, Thankyou I will try that code No i am not getting course subscribed email It seems that the only emails I am getting are from wordpress, I am not getting any of the emails that WPLMS generate... I am not sure why
    ScottKing2020
    Participant
    Also could you tell me the exact code i need to enter into custom CSS section to remove that image please
    Veronica
    checking on your site
    Veronica
    ScottKing2020
    Participant
    Hi, the reason i didnt update the theme is because i am using a child theme and didnt want to screw up my site. Will updating the theme change my child theme?
    ScottKing2020
    Participant
    I have updated everything and I am still not getting emails
    Veronica
    hi i need to perform testing need to install post smtp plugin need your permission to do the same
    ScottKing2020
    Participant
    Yes please do. I did try using SMTP before and could never get it working. Back up site using updraft before testing please
    Veronica
    hi yes right i have checked that on your site it's not working i am receiving emails on my local but no log is recorded on your site please can you ask your webhost if the mails are disabled from there side
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.