Fatal error messages

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Fatal error messages

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Mashauri
    Spectator
    Hi HK - I am waiting response from last two posts on this thread. Thanks Simon
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    The fact that "second" reload fixes the error, or the error appears spordiacally itself indicates that it is not a theme/plugin code related issue. Because the code would execute the same way, before the reload and after the reload. ------ I checked your website and then created a simple testimonial on your website (I have not deleted it so you may delete it), then I got the error after updating it. The error is coming from the wordpress database file and the line indicates the error is coming due to the mysql, refer: http://prntscr.com/cstns3. The error is coming on simple posts in backend which is a default wordpress post and not the theme, this means the mysql memory is less.
    Mashauri
    Spectator
    Hi HK, I am afraid I do not understand the answer. (I am getting the error from all different types of entries - not just posts.). I am using the wplms package which obviously sits on / is integrated with wordpress. I have a number of other wordpress sites and this does not happen with any of the others - it is the same internet service provider too. The ISP has guaranteed that the 128 mb memory is constant. On viewing the errors, they suggested: <span style="color: #000000; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px;">"Due to the way some software works and from the image you sent, lots of things run within one script and the overall limit of that script and sub-scripts could be exceeded far quicker than with a single page load."</span> When you say the "mysql memory is less" - what does that mean? Less than what? More importantly what is the solution? (I am meant to be going live this week with the site - but this problem is preventing it) Thank you - Simon        
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well there is some  other memory limits other than php and one that maybe causing the issue in this case can be Mysql memory . Please contact your webhost to increase the mysql memory if possible . I would also like to mention here that we have never seen such issue before with wplms and neither any of wplms user has reported the same . Issue is site specific and most probably connected with either some third party plugin or webhost .
    Mashauri
    Spectator
    Hi Alex, I really need to get some support I can put into action - please help me. Initially I was told it was a php issue - but I have (and always have had) 128mb. Now it seems as if you are suggesting that the MySql memory needs to increase. Can you please tell me what is the recommended memory as I need to ask my ISP to do so - although I am reasonably certain that I have a "normal" amount. I asked my ISP what was the MySQL limit - and they assured me it cannot be this - see their reply below: <p class="p1"><span class="s1">I can safely say MySQL wouldn't be the issue here as our database limits are huge (multiple GBs) as assigned due to the amount of work the database server does for sites on the server.</span></p> <p class="p2"></p>   <p class="p1"><span class="s1">"The memory error is from PHP, so it is possible MySQL is returning too much data for PHP to process thus sending it over the limit but MySQL isn't the direct cause of the issue."</span></p> I cannot see how this is not a WPLMS issue. It has been happening from almost the beginning of using WPLMS and I did not use any extra plugins initially (I have a few now, but nothing special). Plus the error messages (see one of previous messages) seem to be varied from a range of different (WPLMS-supplied) plugins. I have other WordPress sites with the same ISP and no issue like this at all. When HK accessed the site, he found the same errors occurring. Is there anyway we can have this conversation in real time - sometimes I am waiting for 24  hours for a response.
    Mashauri
    Spectator
    Alex / HK - can I get a quicker response please?  
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    Checking site... The point made by HK and Alex is that, if it is a coding issue in the theme, then it will appear everytime you reload.  
    Mashauri
    Spectator
    I am not saying it is a coding issue per se - but surely it is something to do with the site? If not, what else could it be? Al my other WP sites run fine with the same service provider. I have checked memory allocation with the ISP and mysql and php are fine (per limits wplms have recommended). My ISP said <span style="color: #000000; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px;">"Due to the way some software works and from the image you sent, lots of things run within one script and the overall limit of that script and sub-scripts could be exceeded far quicker than with a single page load."</span> Does this offer a clue? I really need to get this sorted out as I have had to push back my go-live date already.  
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    I am still trying to identify the root cause, prima facie it seems to be related to server, because when I logged in to your site the error displayed for the JetPack plugin.     Can I disable few functionality in the theme to reduce the load on the server to check if this resolves the issue. I will be disabling EventOn and BuddyDrive as these are resource consuming plugins.
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    I have disabled these plugins and have not encountered this issue since. Let me know if this helped.
    Mashauri
    Spectator
    Hi Mr Vibe, Part of the problem has been the messages I receive indicate many different plugins - see below the text (sorry, cannot seem to add an attachment). I could maybe live without EventOn but Buddy drive is pretty critical to the way wplms works.               <p class="p1"></p> <p class="p2"><b>Fatal error</b>: Out of memory (allocated 22544384) (tried to allocate 12288 bytes) in <b>/home/mashauri/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-core/bp-core-attachments.php</b> on line <b>173</b></p> <p class="p1"></p> <p class="p2"><b>Fatal error</b>: Out of memory (allocated 46137344) (tried to allocate 196608 bytes) in <b>/home/mashauri/public_html/wp-content/plugins/vibe-customtypes/metaboxes/library/vibe-editor.php</b> on line <b>1803</b></p> <p class="p1"></p> <p class="p2"><b>Fatal error</b>: Out of memory (allocated 18350080) (tried to allocate 3072 bytes) in <b>/home/mashauri/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/includes/forums/functions.php</b> on line <b>1685</b></p> <p class="p1"></p> <p class="p2"><b>Fatal error</b>: Out of memory (allocated 25427968) (tried to allocate 196608 bytes) in <b>/home/mashauri/public_html/wp-content/plugins/eventON/includes/class-calendar_generator.php</b> on line <b>1657</b></p> <p class="p1"></p> <p class="p2"><b>Fatal error</b>: Out of memory (allocated 96993280) (tried to allocate 32 bytes) in <b>/home/mashauri/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/includes/class-wc-emails.php</b> on line <b>87</b></p> <p class="p1"></p> <p class="p2"><b>Fatal error</b>: Out of memory (allocated 24379392) (tried to allocate 3072 bytes) in <b>/home/mashauri/public_html/wp-content/plugins/eventON/includes/eventon-core-functions.php</b> on line <b>61</b></p> <p class="p1"></p> <p class="p2"><b>Fatal error</b>: Out of memory (allocated 25690112) (tried to allocate 196608 bytes) in <b>/home/mashauri/public_html/wp-content/plugins/eventON/includes/class-calendar_generator.php</b> on line <b>1657</b></p> <p class="p1"></p> <p class="p2"><b>Fatal error</b>: Out of memory (allocated 60555264) (tried to allocate 12288 bytes) in <b>/home/mashauri/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-xprofile/classes/class-bp-xprofile-component.php</b> on line <b>240</b></p> <p class="p1"></p> <p class="p2"><b>Fatal error</b>: Out of memory (allocated 101711872) (tried to allocate 72 bytes) in <b>/home/mashauri/public_html/wp-content/plugins/query-monitor/classes/Backtrace.php</b> on line <b>69</b></p> <p class="p1"></p> <p class="p2"><b>Fatal error</b>: Out of memory (allocated 1835008) (tried to allocate 49152 bytes) in <b>/home/mashauri/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp.php</b> on line <b>257</b></p> <p class="p1"></p> <p class="p2"><b>Fatal error</b>: Out of memory (allocated 35127296) (tried to allocate 86400 bytes) in <b>/home/mashauri/public_html/wp-content/plugins/vibe-customtypes/custom_meta_boxes.php</b> on line <b>1054</b></p> <p class="p2"><b>(was going to view the site from the dashboard page)</b></p> <p class="p1"></p> <p class="p2"><b>Fatal error</b>: Out of memory (allocated 66322432) (tried to allocate 3072 bytes) in <b>/home/mashauri/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ninja-forms/includes/Libraries/BackgroundProcessing/classes/wp-background-process.php</b> on line <b>457</b></p> <p class="p2"><b>(Saving a simple blog post)</b></p> <p class="p1"></p> <p class="p2"><b>Fatal error</b>: Out of memory (allocated 27787264) (tried to allocate 5760 bytes) in <b>/home/mashauri/public_html/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/class.jetpack.php</b> on line <b>3034</b></p> <p class="p2"><b>(Getting into the dashboard)</b></p> <p class="p1"></p> <p class="p2"><b>atal error</b>: Out of memory (allocated 82837504) (tried to allocate 3072 bytes) in <b>/home/mashauri/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-core/classes/class-bp-core-user.php</b> on line <b>203</b></p>   <p class="p2"><b>(Viewing a user from the dashboard)</b></p>
    Mashauri
    Spectator
    Mr Vibe, I am still getting fatal errors .....
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    If you check all these error messages, they're indicating the same error "insufficient memory", and also they're displayed a clear message, that your web host is not allocating sufficient memory which is way less than 128 mb. 22544384 = 22 mb, 60555264 =  60 mb and for all the error messages the memory allocated by your web host can be checked. Unfortunately, this is clearly a php memory issue and no amount of effort from us can help you as you need to get in touch with your web host on these messages. Also note, that if the web host made any changes in the php.ini for memory increase then she needs to restart the server for the changes to take effect.
Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • The topic ‘Fatal error messages’ is closed to new replies.