Forum Navigation / Pagination Not Working

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Forum Navigation / Pagination Not Working

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    deeharman
    Participant
    Am I really getting no response....? My meeting is at 10am tomorrow. Are you able to respond, one way or another, so I at least know where I stand, please?
    deeharman
    Participant
    At the risk of still continuing to talk to no one but myself, here is an update; I have just gone ahead and performed the 2.0.6 theme update, as notified by an alert on the top of this page - and still, the forum nav is not working. Yes, I have cleared my cache, as I always do (not a rookie). Tried on different computers and in different browsers, too. Am I please, please able to get assistance with this? My client's entire curriculum relies on the students being able to use the forum. It is literally the most important component to the curriculum. I don't know how to stress this enough, and how to compel you to help me. P.S. Last time I had to perform a manual update, this time I performed an automatic theme update. The only component that wouldn't update either time is the Visual Composer. Here is the error: ---------- An error occurred while updating WPBakery Visual Composer: To receive automatic updates license activation is required. Please visit Settings to activate your Visual Composer. ---------- So to reiterate, I have two issues that need to be addressed: 1. The absolutely urgent, long standing issue - Pagination/Navigation not working in the forum 2. Less important, but still relevant - WPBakery Visual Composer not updating Thank you!!!  
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    checking site...
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Unfotunately, I tried many different settings to resolve this but at this point am unable to resolve this. Following are my findings : Thr forums are working as a standalone but pagination does not works as soon as you connect to any of the group. WPLMS does not alter BBPress, so the issue is coming from Group - BBPress forum interaction. -> Did you import forum from some other channel I searched for it and found that this is a common issue with the bbpress plugin, the only suggested solution for this was to reset the forums. Please try these steps : 1. Export the forums using the wordpress -> tools -> export . 2. Reset forums from tools -> forums -> reset forums . 3. Then again import your exported forums in the site . Hope above would help you .
    deeharman
    Participant
    Hi Alex, I've been dreading doing this, but I finally attempted it tonight. Can you please have a look? I followed all instructions carefully, but unfortunately none of the Forum data imported back in! Even though it says it did, when I go through the WordPress Import process in the back end... Please see the attached. Could you log in and have a look? I would really appreciate it... I exported and then tried to import "forums", "topics" and "replies". I am including all three exported xml files, and a screenshot with split screens where you still see old activity, but if you click on anything you get nowhere... and the main forum screen shows no data. Please help! Thank you, Dee  
    deeharman
    Participant
    Alex, I really need some more serious assistance with WPLMS. Is it possible to purchase some of your support time, hire you or one of your developers on a freelance basis? I need someone who can provide me with a couple of hours of dedicated attention, and who knows the system inside-out. Can you please advise.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well we need the export files for this . Please put the xml files in a zip files and then share em here .
    deeharman
    Participant
    Right - I tried to attach them to the original message, but it seems that failed, because of the file format not being allowed. I have zipped them now, they are attached, here. Please update me when possible. Thank you!!
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Please follow the sequence in which i have renamed the files in the attached zipped files while importing . Import the files from tools -> import -> wordpress . Import the file named first.xml first and so on . Please also note here that your forums were connected to the groups when you have exported them. So those same groups must be present fro proper import .
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    sorry here is the file .
    deeharman
    Participant
    Ok, I finally have access to support again - I will try this and update you. thanks, Alex!!  
    deeharman
    Participant
    Hi Alex, I have tried doing as you instructed me, but it was not successful. here are some screenshots from the process, in case that helps. (first file process did not return any errors) Alex, I really need to have a dedicated person help me get this site to the point where students can take the courses in no more than 2 weeks' time. Am I able to hire you or another WPML programmer for this task? I am afraid things aren't getting solved this way... With me getting instructions, and then mucking about trying to solve things, and when they fail, having to wait several days again for next instruction...  I really need someone to take a hands-on approach. I also have other issues with the system - for some reason I cannot add myself as an instructor (I was noted as an instructor and could manage students etc... before the theme update)... I cannot unlock the units (they require completion before moving on, when I need them unlocked so students can freely go back and forth and skip units if they want)... etc. Please let me know what I need to do. I could go and hire somebody else, but I would prefer someone who is intimately acquainted with the WPLMS system, of course. If you could advise me ASAP as to whether this is possible, I would really appreciate it! Thank you, Dejana Eric [email protected]  
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Checking ....
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Okay the credentials that you have previously provided is not working anymore . I was able to import the forums successfully at my test setup  . Needed a valid credentials to check this out .
    deeharman
    Participant
    Ok, I just reset the password. Tested it, it's working - you should be able to log in. user: dtest pass; OJyiGdYvT9x2CmK9b2UEHSPD The most important thing is being able to unlock units and getting the forum working. third in order of priority would be figuring out how my user "derich" can get instructor status back, so I can manage courses, students, etc... as I was able to, before. Thank you,   d.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • The topic ‘Forum Navigation / Pagination Not Working’ is closed to new replies.