general doubts about string translations from WPML plugin

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Translation issues general doubts about string translations from WPML plugin

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Hetikus
    Participant
    Hi! I'm pretty new to the theme and still trying to figure out some things: I hope you guys can provide some guidance. I'm setting my page in english and spanish. I have a full WPML account, and I downloaded and installed the WPML main plugin, among with the WPLMS_WPML plugin and some other WPML related plugins, such as WPML media, WPML translations and WPML string translations.   For now, I'm just using the string translations module from WPML. I found that  some strings (I don't know exactly if they are from WPLMS, vibe or other plugins) where lacking a translation or had an incorrect translation. I just fixed it from the strings translations UI in the wordpress dashboard and it seems to work properly.   For now, it is working properly: text in the page translates as expected as I create/edit its string translations in the dashboard form. It just bother me that I need to provide a lot of basic strings which lack a translation. So I started investigating more about WPLMS translation, and to read this forum in deep, only to found that all threads and resources points to .po files and/or the loco translate plugin. So, my question is: Am I doing something deeply wrong by locating my theme to spanish using the WPML string translation module? Is there a strong reason to change to loco translate and start using .op files? According to this WPML thread the string translations module is a fine option, but I don't know if it plays well with WPLMS. I'm completely new to both wordpress development and WPLMS, so I'm sorry if I lack some basic understanding of how l10n works in this case. I also hope this thread can help someone else, since I found it difficult to find info regarding WPLMS and the string translation WPML module.   Thanks in advance
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Hi, Please share the strings in which you are facing problem. We can share the source of that string. After that you can easily translate them without facing any problem. Also share url of your website in private reply.
    Hetikus
    Participant
    Hi Ray, actually, I was not asking about strings I have problem with. I have a general doubt about the different ways available to localize the theme. Please read my question :-)
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Hi, Sorry! for delay in reply. There are two ways to translate your site. 1. Through wpml plugin :- wpml is used for multilingual website where you can provide your complete website in more than one language.user can switch language of your website.After this website is available in multi-languages.  Tip 2. Loco translate plugin :- this plugin is used to convert some part or complete website in other language by translating strings.This plugin cannot convert your site in more than one language. Tip  
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘general doubts about string translations from WPML plugin’ is closed to new replies.