H5p content not shown in version 4

Home Forums Legacy Support 4.0 Bugs & Issues H5p content not shown in version 4

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    wiebkewetzel
    Spectator
    Hello support, sorry to write again, but I found several new issues in version 4:
    1. H5P content is not displayed I have embedded H5P content by copying the shortcode and manually adding it to the unit. Afterwards I changed the shortcode to [wplms_h5p id="number"]. That worked nicely in 3.9. Now in version 4 the shortcode is displayed instead of the H5P content.  I found this article and added the unit-ID to the shortcode. But that didn't change anything.  If I use the shortcode without wplms_ and uni-ID is it not displayed, but neither is the H5P content.This is an important issue as I have most content in H5P format.
    1. After logging in one is always sent to the profile page, even though "dashboard" is specified in my LMS settings. Also the entries I added to the Vibe BP login menu are not displayed. Only after clicking on "profile" the menu is shown correctly and the dashboard is loaded.
      1. The Vibe BP option to synchronize Wordpress login with WPLMS login doesn't work This is a minor issue as it just affects me, not the students.
    Thanks for taking care, Wiebke
    Veronica
    hi,
    1. in version 4 h5p content can only be shown in unit when its type is set to video
    2. reload_nav goto wp-admin -> vibebp-> settings -> buddypress -> refresh buddypress menu
    3. can you please share some more details ?
    wiebkewetzel
    Spectator
    Hello Veronica, ad 1. I have set the type of one unit to video and the H5P content is still not shown. Instead of the shortcode now a "content unavailable" message is shown. But the content does exist. I have build my course mostly on H5P content and none of that is a video. I have used H5P slide decks, cards, branching scenarios and the documentation tool. It is important for me that these content types work as well. ad 2. I did refresh the buddypress menu as instructed and cleared the server cache, but that didn't change anything. I am still send to the home page or profile page instead of the dashboard and the login menu is the standard menu without the items I added. After clicking on "profile" in the menu the dashboard will open (not the profile) and the menu will be correct. ad 3. Sorry, I embedded the wrong picture. That one should have been under 2. Even though I enabled the option "When user logs in WordPress he is also logged in VibeBP" in Vibe BP I still need to login to Vibe BP separately: As I wrote that is a minor issue and not important for me. I still wanted you to know as it might be important for other users. Thanks for your support, Wiebke
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    This reply has been marked as private.
    wiebkewetzel
    Spectator
    Hello Alex,
    1. Some do, some don't. Have a look at the "Abschlussübung" in Abschnitt 3 of the course. I have tried standard format or video, with or without unit ID, deleting the shortcode and adding it again, clearing cache - nothing helps. BTW: where is the H5P button in the front end editor gone? Just wondering. I am OK  with adding the shortcode manually as long as it works.
    2. 2: If I log in as an administrator the menu is correct and I am directed to the dashboard. If I log in as a student, the menu is still wrong and I am not directed to the dashboard but to the profile.
    3. No, I still have to log in separately and can do it with different user names. That's OK for me.
    Thanks for your support! Wiebke
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    1 .Well we use traditional h5p method : https://wiebke-wetzel.de/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php?action=h5p_embed&id=14 to show the content in iframe there in the unit . But it seems like this is a new content type and it does not supports the url actually .Would recommned you to contact thr h5p content support for this . 2 . yes its a bug that you have to reload the page one time more after that it shows login . adding to issue log ;https://trello.com/c/t0ygUpE4 3 . menu seems to be working fine for me as a student as well : http://somup.com/cYj1oh6OE9 note that you have refresh bp menu once new item is added .
    wiebkewetzel
    Spectator
    Hello Alex, ad 1: I do think it is a WPLMS- or VibeBP-plugin issue and not H5P. All H5P content works perfectly fine as long as I have the old plugins activated, including the new branching scenario type which is in beta phase. Once I switch to the new plugins 6 out of 12 H5P units won't work. They are of various H5P content types and other content of the same type does work. In my search for a pattern behind this I have created a list and sorted it by H5P id and unit type, but I can't see a pattern. I have added wplms_ and unit_id="number" to each shortcode. I double- and triple-checked the shortcodes for spelling errors and set the unit type to video as recommended by Victoria. Nothing helped. Any ideas? Thanks, Wiebke
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    This reply has been marked as private.
    wiebkewetzel
    Spectator
    Hello Alex, you were right and it was a H5P issue. I had the wrong settings for embedding.Apparently this was not relevant under WPLMS 3.9 but is relevant under 4.x . I am posting the H5P suport thread here just in case somebody else has this issue: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/embedding-iframe-doesnt-work-for-some-units/#post-13228763 Best regards, Wiebke
    Veronica
    thanks for sharing this link here closing the topic.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘H5p content not shown in version 4’ is closed to new replies.