How to create custom fields at course section and output at page start.php

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting How to create custom fields at course section and output at page start.php

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    selmaandrade
    Spectator
    I´m using advanced custom fields plugin to create a custom fields at course section. the first field I give the name as url: to put the url inside the second: I give the name as link title But i want to output the data from the wplms page start.php And i try to loop through the post type as course to desplay the data, but doesn't work How to create a custom post type and output the data or using VB custom fields or using ACF? please, ASAP.
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    Please share more details : a. Where exactly do you want to display the fields ? b. What information/format the fields are ? a small screenshot of the course start page showing the fields would help a lot.
    selmaandrade
    Spectator
    a. I need to display the field at the page localized in wplms folder start.php b. The First will be a link to a forum what i will put manually and the second the name to name the link. SO, the idea is create a custom link to forum to topic, what i really need is create a custom field at the course admin page. To passe a link, what will copy and paste and will display inside the page start.php   and i will call the function to pass the link
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Ok please refer this tip for adding custom fields in course settings : https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/adding-custom-field-in-course-setting/ Then adding this code will show whatever you put in the custom field  : add_action('wplms_course_start_after_timeline','custom_wplms_course_start_after_timeline'); function custom_wplms_course_start_after_timeline($course_id,$unit_id){    $custom_info = get_post_meta(get_the_ID(),'vibe_field1',true); //vibe_field1 is the name of the custom field that was created "vibe_ is prefix"  if (isset($custom_info) && !empty($custom_info)){     echo $custom_info;  }   } You can add your more custom fields in course settings repeating the same tip given  above . Please use unique names of your custom fields and unique function names too Show your content using these actions : wplms_course_start_after_time wplms_unit_header
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘How to create custom fields at course section and output at page start.php’ is closed to new replies.