How to get WPLMS WooCommerce Variable Pricing to show options

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues How to get WPLMS WooCommerce Variable Pricing to show options

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    iguanaacademy
    Spectator
    Hi. I am hoping you can help me get the WPLMS-WooCommerce plugin working to its potential. My developer, who has been excellent in every way with WPLMS, is saying the plugin cannot do what I am asking. He's seen your WPLMS-WooCommerce Installation and Activation video and the Addon Functioning video. See his remarks below. My situation: We offer each of our courses to three age groups and in three feedback options. Same identical course just in different groups and terms. Currently for each course we have to list it three times on the /allcourses page, once for each age group. What I want: one listing per course on /allcourses, and once a customer selects that course (TAKE THIS COURSE), then they choose Age Group and Feedback Option. Similar to buying a t-shirt: you select the design, then the size, then the color. My developer says it's not possible with your plugin per your tutorial video. He says "the wplms woocommerce plugin can't handle our request, IT ONLY creates some variables for subscription duration, for example monthly or yearly subscription." Is there any chance you can visit our site and see if it truly can be done. You've said so in my previous posts about this. I need this to work, as my /allcourses page is getting confusing for customers. Thank you!
    iguanaacademy
    Spectator
    Privately, here is my site info if you'd like to see the setup at our site: https://www.iguanaacademy.com/allcourses/ U: adming1 P: uY6kU3tGCS (or bCt7w8jlPLJL) Thank you for your help with this. I REALLY want to have only one listing per course on the /allcourses page, not three listings per course. :)
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well i need to know if your this  " age group " variation is for display purpose only or there will also be change in the course structure or functioning for each age group ? If there's any please share information on this . If you want it for display purpose only it can display it on pricing .But for functioning in course it only allows following features : 1. Variable duration (User can select the subscription to course based on duration ) . 2. Enable/disable certificates . 3. Enable/disable badges . 4. Variable Quiz retakes . 5. Variable course retakes  .
    iguanaacademy
    Spectator
    Hi Alex-  I am not sure I understand what a display function would be, as it seems all variations are integral functions. No?  Anyway, I'll try and explain our setup... We produce one course, then offer the same course to three different age groups (middle school, high school, and adults). We want those classes (groups) of students separated so that middle school students are together in classroom with no high school students or adult students. The same is repeated for the high school students and adult students. There is no crossover. This for safety and for effective class forums, so that students are with their peer group. Then we offer that class in three different feedback formats, which each have a different (increasing) amount of assignment feedback from the instructor, ranging from no feedback, to moderate feedback, to much feedback. I've attached a chart (Age-Feedback Options Chart.jpg) to try and illustrate this. You can also visit our Tuition/Features page at https://www.iguanaacademy.com/tuition-and-features/ for details. I hope this explains what we're trying to do.  When I initially requested this feature in the WPLMS forum, I sent the attached mockup (IAA course selection process.jpg) as a typical customer purchase flow. It's what we've all seen in any shopping experience: you select a product (e.g. tshirt), then select from variable options (size, color, shipping, etc.).  This should be standard for the WPLMS setup. Thanks for your help in getting my /allcourses page set up this way.  See our page at https://www.iguanaacademy.com/allcourses/. I've included our u/p credentials above for you to see the backend. Tim
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Ok now i understand your requirements . you can try the wplms batches addon plugin with wplms variable pricing plugin for this .It covers most of your requirements  . Wit the variable pricing plugin you can show the variable pricing drop down in the course page . With the wplms batches addon plugin you can create batches of your students . In batches students are bind to a buddypress group and buddypress group have forums . But different assignments for different group different students  will not be possible as curriculum cannot be changed of the course .You can use the forum for the different assignments . refer for variable pricing : http://www.vibethemes.com/downloads/wplms-woocommerce/ refer for batches : https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/wplms-batches-introduction/
    iguanaacademy
    Spectator
    Glad to hear this is possible, Alex! The courses for all three age groups and feedback options all have the exact same content, curriculum, and assignments. However, each class (group) will share their assignments only with their group. For example. a High School class taking "Drawing 01 High School with Bronze feedback" will share only among their group of 25 students. Another group of "Drawing 01 Adult Bronze" students of the same course will share their assignments and forum ONLY with their group of up to 25 students. Is this correct, possible? Thanks for your guidance and excellent LMS. :)
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Yes the students can  only see what answer they written or what file they have uploaded .So you do not need to worry about the thing that users can each other answers to assignments . Also make the group forum  private .It will only make the students of that batch to access the forum and students from other forums will not be able to access other group forum .
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘How to get WPLMS WooCommerce Variable Pricing to show options’ is closed to new replies.