Impossible to start quiz: unfinished previous units message

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Impossible to start quiz: unfinished previous units message

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Hi, in course there is the message: "unfinished previous units" when students start quiz, even if previous units are marked as completed such as previous quizzes. What happened?  
    logan

Hello,

Please check this setting in your course. if it is enabled then you must have to complete previous units only then you will be able to access the quiz.

Refer: http://prntscr.com/mthdbg

Refer: http://prntscr.com/mu0iqt

If you want to test the quiz. please disconnect quiz from the course and then test the quiz. this is the only solution for now.

once you're done with the testing then connect the quiz with course again.

This reply has been marked as private.
    logan
    Hello, Please share the course url in which i can test the scenario. For this site i could not find the courses: http://prntscr.com/mwnwk7 Waiting for quick response.
    logan
    Hello, it was happening because the user was not passed in previous quiz. that is why it was showing an error. for now it is working. Refer: http://prntscr.com/mxa4fx the user could move on to the next unit because you might have assigned him passing mark later. a user only can move forward only if he/she earns passing mark.
    Hi Iogan, thank you for your reply. I gave a passing score in test nr. 4. User has to pass 2 of 4 questions in order to go to next unit. There is also a message: congrats, you passed the quiz! User goes to next unit but not to next quiz. I checked the course with another user and also in this case user got 2 in quiz nr 4, passed it, but is not possible to access to quiz nr. 5. Sorry I do not undertsand how to suggest solve the issue.  
    logan
    Hello,

Always set the passing mark 1 value lesser than actual. that is why if he passes but cant goto the next quiz. but the issue is , we made this mistake a long time ago in our code with the quiz passing score thing.

We have written the logic in a way :

if user  marks greater than passing score you set in quiz only then continue otherwise stop .

That is why you need to set one marks lesser than the expected passing marks in your quiz passing score settings .

Example :  in a quiz if you want to set 15 marks as passing marks then you would need to set 14 as passing marks .

Our problem is changing this logic is that there are many users who has set their passing scores according to above logic and if we change it then they might need to update all of their quizzes .

Hello, I know this. I set 1 point less than the one I want. I set 2 instead of 3. The student gave 2 answers right, so he passed the quiz. Usually if student has a low score the message says "Please retake the quiz" and is not possible to go to next unit. In this case student correcly passes the test, access to next unit is given, but in next quiz a message says that previous units must be completed, this is not true.
    logan
    Please share the user's id who is facing this issue and also course url. i will test this.
    logan
    Hello, I think i have replicated the issue. suppose i have set the passing mark 2 and users gets only 2 marks in the quiz. it shows he is passed in that unit and can access the other units. when he reaches to the next quiz then it shows the previous units (that is the last quiz taken) should be completed. student should have earned 3 marks than 2. the user should be getting more marks than set only then he can access the next quiz.
    Hello, thank you for cheching. I am a little confused: if passing score required is 2, user who totalized 2 passes the quiz, and can correctly access to next unit. But why he cannot take next quiz? Moreover, when student passed the quiz he cannot retake it, so how  he can complete previous units and proceed to next quiz??? It's quite strange, never happened before.
    Hello, please help me to solve this issue. People is waiting to start course.
    Hello Iogan, still waiting for your reply...
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • The topic ‘Impossible to start quiz: unfinished previous units message’ is closed to new replies.