In-Course Quiz Failed Attempt Issue

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues In-Course Quiz Failed Attempt Issue

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    layne2
    Participant
    Hello, I am having an issue with the in-course quizzes in my courses. The issue is that if a user fails the quiz they are redirected to this page: https://imgur.com/a/LC4ZxVn The only way for the user to get back on track is for them to click continue course. I am sure this is because I have the auto-trigger course complete and auto-evaluate quiz results options selected. Is there any way that the user does not have to be taken to this page when they fail a quiz?   Thank you and have a great day!
    Mark Morgan
    Spectator
    layne2
    Participant
    Hey Mark, I have already implemented this code to solve the issue of a user being trapped on the page I am talking about. However having the code does not stop a user from being redirected to the page when they fail the quiz attempt.  
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Two main points to note after applying that tips are :
    1.  Make sure that the quiz is connected to the course in quiz settings . refer : http://prntscr.com/kp6xly
    2. User should have retakes left for the quiz .
    layne2
    Participant
    Hey Alex, I have both of these main points covered. All of my quizzes are connected to the correct course and I have specified a user gets 500 retakes. So neither of these options are causing the issue.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    ok yes the issue still replicating .To debug this could you please provide your ftp credentials to make the changes in that code fix and check again ? P S : mark reply as private while sharing
    layne2
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    layne2
    Participant
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    layne2
    Participant
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Yes that fix was meant to disable the auto trigger finish course when user has some retakes left in their course . In that fix we calculates how many retakes left for the user .If there are any then we disable the auto trigger finish course setting . This is a quick fix we developed recently .Would create better one in case when passing marks are set and user passed the quiz .
    layne2
    Participant
    Right but the issue is that now when a user passes a quiz they aren't taken to the course completed page to be made aware that they have been awarded the certificate. It also looks like the certificate is not being awarded at all upon passing a quiz anymore. So I still need your changes reversed.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Yup in this case user would need to click on Finish course button . This is a drawback as of now in wplms . We would still need to automate this process .  
    layne2
    Participant
    Please just reverse your changes. It is important that my site is working the way it was before I gave you access. Thank you.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • The topic ‘In-Course Quiz Failed Attempt Issue’ is closed to new replies.