In-Course Quiz Failed Attempt Issue

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues In-Course Quiz Failed Attempt Issue

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    I was able to connect : removed the code in your site
    layne2
    Participant
    Alex, Now a user who fails the quiz is redirected to that page (the one that I first opened this topic about) but they are unable to get back to the quiz using the 'Continue Module' button, it just reloads the page so they are stuck on that page. Please advise. Thank you.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    yes I know as I told you that the code fix I added prevent this from happening as long as user has retakes in quiz . But then user have to click on that "Finish course" button manually in order to complete the course . IT wont do it automatically . Actually the setting "Auto trigger finish course" was designed for a simple course where no quiz retakes , no quiz passing score is there . With retakes and quiz passing it fails at some point .   As I mentioned we gotta fix it by re-structure the code for this setting which considers user retakes and well and quiz passing score .   Till then you have to use this tip : https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/cant-continue-course-when-auto-trigger-finish-course-and-auto-mark-complete-unit-is-activated/ This tip is not the best its all we have to tackle the issue with that setting as of now . We are thinking of ways to fix this thing in course /  
    layne2
    Participant
    Hey Alex, That is the weird thing, I have actually used the code on the tip: https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/cant-continue-course-when-auto-trigger-finish-course-and-auto-mark-complete-unit-is-activated/ when I originally built the site and it did seem to properly fix the issue. But now when I implement this code it does not redirect to the course finish page upon a quiz passing or award a student the certificate, it also doesn't recognize the course as finished. So I am not sure what has changed.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    " it does not redirect to the course finish page upon a quiz passing or award " this means user have retakes left .  This tip works only on page load . it does not have ability to check what score user scored in quiz to check if user passes the quiz (case in which it should trigger finish course) or fails the quiz (in which it does not trigger it ) . The tip simply check the user retakes left without checking if user passed of fails the quiz . when you apply this tip , this tip prevents the auto trigger finish course when user retakes are left but it also disabled the auto trigger finish course when user retakes are left even though user has passed the quiz .
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • The topic ‘In-Course Quiz Failed Attempt Issue’ is closed to new replies.