Integration With Membership/Subscription Plugins

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Integration With Membership/Subscription Plugins

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    fuadmurad
    Spectator
    I've been trying to integrate a membership/subscription functionality with WPLMS for the last couple of months now and it has been a big headache so i would love any kind of help or insight. I bought 2 plugins for membership and subscription from Rightpress (codecanyon).  I saw that you guys had contacted them about a possible integration sometime in the past and that would be great because both of these plugins are amazing. But anyway, I have been able to integrate WPLMS with the subscription and membership plugins from Codecanyon.  Here is my setup.
    • I sell monthly and yearly subscriptions where you get access to ALL courses
    • I have 2 subscription products setup in woocommerce, one monthly and one yearly.
    • In both of these products, I have all the courses connected.  Now keep in mind that each course is also connected to an individual product because I also want to sell them individually without the need to buy a subscription/membership.
    I have tested this and it works.  After payment, you get access to all the courses.  However, here is the problem. In the Product Course Settings, I can set it to be a subscription for a certain amount of time to access the course.  However, this is working independently of the woocommerce subscription duration settings from the 3rd party plugin. So, what is happening is that the Product Course Subscription Duration setting is determining how long a user has access to the courses instead of the actual product membership/subscription settings. This is a problem because it means that even if a user cancels their subscription or it expires, they will still have access to the courses without paying or renewing. I need a way to hook the Product Course Subscription settings somehow.  Any help with this is very much appreciated. I also made a video of showing my issue just in case this was not clear.  You can see it here. Thanks.  
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Thanks for sharing the video, it really helped in clarifying the question. 1. How are you enabling course access ? When a user purchases the product, you need to get the set duration from the product settings and pass it to the function : bp_course_add_user_to_course bp_course_add_user_to_course($user_id,$course_id,$duration = NULL,$force = NULL)   Duration = Duration for which the course is subscribed Force = Skip the seats check parameter. 2. The same function needs to run when the product membership expires. So you need to find the trigger for the expiring product and simply set the current time stamp as user meta value for the course id.
    fuadmurad
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    fuadmurad
    Spectator
    sorry and here is the page for the membership plugin the first link is for the subscriptions plugin
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    Thanks for sharing all the details. It is not all that difficult, because we have built in functions to deal with everything. We just need to trigger them at the right point. OFcourse finding the trigger points would require us to go through the code of WooCommerce memberships and how it is assigning memberships and expiring memberships. I need some time to create the WooCommerce memberships integration.
    fuadmurad
    Spectator
    Well that's good news for me because I've had the hardest time getting it to work.  Also keep in mind these plugins offer free and paid trial period as well.  If you go in the product settings you'll find them there. They have so much functionality and are easy to use that's why I decided to buy them in the first place.  And let me know if you need me to ask the developers any questions as well. Thank you so much.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Ok we will let you know if we need anything.
    fuadmurad
    Spectator
    Hi, I don't want to rush you but I was just wondering if there was any progress made regarding this topic.  I've postponed launching my website until I have this functionality working so any update would be great. Thank you.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    We are still working on this, and need more time for this feature.
    fuadmurad
    Spectator
    Perfect thank you.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    ok
    fuadmurad
    Spectator
    Just checking up again to see if there were any updates regarding this integration. Thanks
    fuadmurad
    Spectator
    Ok nobody has gotten back to me regarding this topic and it's been almost 2 months.  I'm willing to pay a (small) fee to get this done because it's very important to my business.  I'm certain the integration should be a simple one and it's a matter of connecting the right hooks to get things to work. Please, I need a response to this as soon as possible.  I can make a short video explaining exactly what I need done (I believe I've already done that in this topic or another one). Thank you.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Sincere apologies for that .Actually our criteria to work on feature/issue is based in the number of customers requesting/facing and how much resource and time will it take . Since it is the only request we have ever seen for the woocommerce membership plugin here on our forums and we are running short of our time and resources as we are engaged with other bug fixes of theme and development of api we were not able to look into this .But this is in our to do list . thanks for patience .
    fuadmurad
    Spectator
    I completely understand thank you for getting back to me.  I've seen quite a few people request such a feature here on the forums so I'm sure it would be a great selling point for you guys if you had fully functional membership/subscription integration.  If done correctly it would be absolutely fantastic and address the needs of many people who are trying to run an online business. So please let me know when you do start working on it and I can make a video explaining exactly how I would like it integrated just to make things a little bit easier. Thanks again.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • The topic ‘Integration With Membership/Subscription Plugins’ is closed to new replies.