Issue with One Click Installation and Setup

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues Issue with One Click Installation and Setup

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    mrpld
    Participant
    Hi Vibe Team, please help! I have checked your videos, documentation, etc. to be able to install Demo 2 on my site and even though I am following the process when I click on the "Setup Theme with Sample Data" button it just stays there "Installing" forever and doesn't do anything. Can you please help me with this? Is it easier/faster if I send you my site credentials for you to access and check? If so, please let me know how I can send those confidentially since I can't post them on a forum. Alternatively, please explain step by step how to trouble shoot this. I have spent hours on this which unfortunately is not working as per your videos :( In your videos the process takes 5-10 mins, like it should. But it's not working for me... Thanks, M
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster

Well please check the following php configuration :

WP Memory Limit: 128 MB

WP Max Upload Size: 64 MB

PHP Post Max Size: 64 MB

PHP Time Limit: 240

PHP Max Input Vars: 1000

Please make sure that you have at least the above configuration  or more on you server .(contact webhost ) .
    then reset your installation and again try to install demo3  using this tip : https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/one-click-setup-wplms-demo1/

also please make sure that all the required plugins are activated and installed in your site . If above configuration is already done on server and still not able to install wplms then please share your site url and admin credentials in a private reply to check the issue at your end .

mrpld
    Participant
    Hi Alex, I have performed everything you recommended and it still doesn't work :( It's unfortunate since in your videos the process seems really easy, but I just haven't been able to get it to work even though I have re-installed, followed your videos, documentation, etc. Please help! Here is the URL and password so that you can install the theme. Once you are able to get this sorted, I will work on my personalised setup. I can't really do anything if I can't even get the theme installed. URL: http://ur.education/wp-admin Password: uRqJci0OzoHqDdj Please action this as quickly as you can since it is holding up our work. Thanks, M
    mrpld
    Participant
    By the way, just to re-iterate something the Demo I want installed is Demo 2. Thanks! M
    mrpld
    Participant
    One more thing to add, I just checked with my hosting provider (hostgator) and they mentioned that since I'm on a share plan, they can't change the PHP Time Limit: 240 The Max is 30 :( Are you still able to help? I would like to avoid having to move to a VPS or a Dedicated Server since that is expensive and I'm just starting.... I hope you can help me... Here is the link Hostgator sent me: http://support.hostgator.com/articles/cpanel/php-settings-that-cannot-be-changed I hope there is a workaround the time limit thing and you are able to resolve it. Thanks! M  
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    In 30 seconds even the WordPress importer would stop. So sample data cannot be imported in your website. With this configuration we can manually do the settings on your website but without sample data because sample data needs atleast 2-3 minutes to import, but the time limit is 30 seconds. So let me know if you want us to manually setup your site without sample data.   WPLMS is a buddypress based theme and in shared hosting buddypress do not work properly, hence you might face issues with performance in shared hosting. Therefore try using dedicated hosting or if you just want to start things, you can start on localhost and build your website. It won't be live but you can build your full website on localhost and then in future you  can go for dedicated hosting and migrate your website from localhost to your domain. You can refer this tutorial on how to install wordpress on localhost: https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/setting-up-xampp/ . Here you can install wordpress and configure the localhost with the above configuration and install the theme. Let me know if this helps.
    mrpld
    Participant
    Thanks! I have been exploring other hosting options. Leave it with me, since I actually want to install the demo data. And if the demo data (which is pretty basic) is already a problem for me than my current hosting needs to be changed since I intend to have way more than the demo data on my site. Best regards, M
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Yep  along with the php time limit , minimum requirement for wplms includes php memory limit to be 128 MB . Marking this as resolved and closing the topic . Wplms is a Buddypress based theme .So,you can search on google for the hosting recommendation for Buddypress.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Issue with One Click Installation and Setup’ is closed to new replies.