Migrating the site from 3.9.9 to 4.2 using your system

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues Migrating the site from 3.9.9 to 4.2 using your system

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    kenetork
    Participant
    Hi, I tried doind this for myself for akmost a year and nothing @alex. I decided to create a clone for the websote on the cloud so you can do it by yourself, I want to move the entire site to v4, I don't want to have anything remaining from v 3.9.9, I just need a clean install using your migratings system, I jst created the clone and install 4.2 there so you can have the options to do it, I treid and the tests didn¿t work, didnt start, and many other things failed, it was nightmare for me all the time, please do it yourself. I am worried about this: this will be a demo site to test everything before pushing it to live, but then after new students buy in the live site how to move them properly to this v4 verson? because I tried your exporting method from 3.9.9 and v4 didn¿t export anything even when I seleted everything to export, I am worried about those new users and their certificates, time remaining in courses, etc. Please clarify this to me!
    kenetork
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well the best way to retain the data and upgrade the site is to upgrade the main site itself rather than migrating data . There are many things from woocommerce, buddypress etc that can be miss out no matter how you migrate.
    kenetork
    Participant
    Well, this is why please i am asking you to go to this staging site and do this for me using your system pelase start the migration in this demo site. I gave you the details above. Thanks!
    kenetork
    Participant
    Hi, I am still waiting for you help @alex Pease go to the staging saite, i gave you details above and do the migration properly, move everything to v4.2 noting keft for version 3.9.9 thanks!
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    We have created new migration wizard , its very easy to migrate now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaoEywkSMY0
    kenetork
    Participant
    I Know, I tried that and it is now working, please do it yourself, so I can have it working on this site properly, I couldn't do it properly, I need to have the full version migrating everything to v4, not version 3.9.9 nothing legacy. Please help and do it yourself, after you do it I will need to add the new users as well, please go inside and do it in my staging site, I followed that tut but the migration didn't work.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Ok we will need your purchase code which is used to download the new plugin for v4 .
    kenetork
    Participant
    Veronica
    hi we need your main site credentials to continue as we need to import the file from there
    kenetork
    Participant
    Veronica
    hi @kenetork this is not what i have asked for i need your main/live site credentials from there i need to import a file so that the header and footer should be fixed
    kenetork
    Participant
    Veronica
    hi on your staging site the wplms plugin is not installed properly that's why it is messed up now after the migration can you please provide a new staging site? or you can also provide the same staging site with last backup (before migration) this time it will be migrated without issue
    kenetork
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • The topic ‘Migrating the site from 3.9.9 to 4.2 using your system’ is closed to new replies.