multi pay for single course

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues multi pay for single course

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    We would need it to debug it . I know it includes running many commands to create ppk file based ftp account .
    italymadeeasy
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    italymadeeasy
    Spectator
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Okay I did not know that you are using both the plugins , woocommerce memberhsips also . Well  I would like to tell you , we have created addons for both but they do not work well when activated simultaneously . If you are handling your courses via memberhsip by connecting the memberhsips to course directly then please deactivate the WPLMS woocommerce subscription addon plugin .It will create issues . Also make sure that when subscription expires membership status also gets changed .
    italymadeeasy
    Spectator
    hi, just to be clear and sure... we also sell courses as single products. And some courses via a membership. Is it safe to remove WPLMS WooCommerce? What does the plugin actually do and how will removing it affect our existing students and their courses? Can we continue to sell courses as individual products (one off purchases, lifetime access, basically) without the WPLMS WooCommerce plugin? Cheers
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well wplms woocommerce enhances the variable pricing in course . If your course product is variable type then you can enable/disable certificates set different subscription duration for each variation . This is all wplms woocommerce do .I guess if you do not have any variable product setup then its safe to remove it.
    italymadeeasy
    Spectator
    I see thanks! Unfortunately we do have courses with variable pricing and even Batches! And the difference between some variants is precisely the Certificate! So I guess we will need WPLMS WooCommerce. The only option for us is to get WPLMS WooCommerce to work with our setup, that does have WooCommerce Memebrships! Any tips?
    italymadeeasy
    Spectator
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Okat the reason behind the memberhsips is not working is because you have made the membership based on  subscription which is not support in wplms woocommerce memberships addon plugin . It only works with the specific length option : http://prntscr.com/lmdmvf   Right now the course access is released to user because you have connected the course in product in product settings.   What will work for you in this case is to do not use the memberships at all and run the course based on subscription only using the woocommerce subscriptions addon .   It works well with the subscriptions . Just deactivate the wplms woocommerce memberships plugin and check the purchase and then try to change the subscription status to expire . Make sure that you are using the latest wplms woocommerce subscription addon plugin that you can download from here : https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/wplms-woocommerce-subscriptions-addon/    
    italymadeeasy
    Spectator
    hello and thanks for your reply. i did not know you had a <span style="color: #4b4d4d; font-family: Lato; font-size: 14px;"> </span><span style="color: #4b4d4d; font-family: Lato; font-size: 14px;">wplms woocommerce subscription addon. </span> But I am not sure this will achieve our desired outcomes. By watching the video, I understand that the addon allows us to sell a course on a subscription basis. But this means that a user have to continuously make payments to keep accessing the course. What we are trying to accomplish here is to allow the user to pay for a course with smaller installments. But once they have made all payments, then the get to keep the course forever. If payments stop, then they lose access. Is this possible? Cheers
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well we are stuck then , the problem is wplms memberhsips addon does not works with subscription length option added by the woocommerce subscriptions . And you do not want the proper woocommerce subscriptions as you need the access to course forever after a payment cycle .   I would recommend you to use the EMI option of credit cards in order to do this .This seems to be the only way as of now . currently we do not have any solution as per your requirements .
    italymadeeasy
    Spectator
    Hi and thanks. I see. We may have to do some custom coding then! EMI option is not suitable as that is basically a "loan" option for the user and it's very complicated (for the user). We recently came across this company who is doing a multi-pay approach for their highest priced item and they told us they are indeed using WooCommerce and WooCommerce Subscriptions, but, unlike us, they are not delivering a digital course, which might be the difference. Anyway, here is the link to their site when you can see (for the next 9 hours) an option for CartFlows Pro LTD SplitPay: https://cartflows.com/pricing/ https://cl.ly/6e0184 Cheers
    italymadeeasy
    Spectator
    Could we use the following approach:
    • Set up a product to set payment subscription and assign a membership. NO course is attached to the product.

• Set up an unlimited Membership with NO course attached to it

• in the Course specific settings, specify which WooCommerce Subscription the course is assigned to (assigning to the unlimited membership above).

based on what WooCommerce says about Unlimited memberships and what you told us so far, this should work. If so, my question is: If we specify a WooCommerce Membership inside a WPLMS course, can the course be ALSO purchased independently of the Membership? Cheers

Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    If we specify a WooCommerce Membership inside a WPLMS course, can the course be ALSO purchased independently of the Membership? Yes but if user has memberhsip and its status is changed to expired or hold it will remove the user from course    Again the if you are trying to give access using unlimited membersip option then again it might not work  as our addon only works with limited memberhsip on when the access length is specified .
    italymadeeasy
    Spectator
    I see thanks!
    Again the if you are trying to give access using unlimited membersip option then again it might not work as our addon only works with limited memberhsip on when the access length is specified
    That's a bummer, coz otherwise all WPLMS/WooCommerce users would be able to offer multi-pay with the approach I just suggested, which would be pretty awesome! What exactly is the limitation of your addon (we are talking about the WPLMS WooCommerce Memberships addon?)? We might be able to alter the code ourselves if we get a hint on why the addon does not work with unlimited memberships. Also, we could just set the membership to 20 years, right?
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • The topic ‘multi pay for single course’ is closed to new replies.