New customized user roles

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues New customized user roles

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    hothaibinh
    Participant
    Hi, I want to add the following types of roles for users with the following specific capabilities without other administrator capabilities 1. Can edit the course that the user is assigned to as co-author but can't edit other courses 2. Can add and edit new user from backend AND add users to courses and batches I am using the plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/members/ , I could find user management capabilities but can't find those related to batches and courses These are the capabilities listed: Edit Dashboard Edit Files Export Import Manage Links Manage Options Moderate Comments Read Unfiltered HTML Update Core Edit Posts Edit Others' Posts Delete Posts Publish Posts Read Private Posts Delete Private Posts Delete Published Posts Delete Others' Posts Edit Private Posts Edit Published Posts Edit Pages Edit Others' Pages Delete Pages Publish Pages Read Private Pages Delete Private Pages Delete Published Pages Delete Others' Pages Edit Private Pages Edit Published Pages Upload Files delete_blocks publish_blocks read_private_blocks delete_private_blocks edit_private_blocks edit_products edit_others_products delete_products publish_products read_private_products delete_private_products delete_published_products delete_others_products edit_private_products edit_published_products edit_shop_orders edit_others_shop_orders delete_shop_orders publish_shop_orders read_private_shop_orders delete_private_shop_orders delete_published_shop_orders delete_others_shop_orders edit_private_shop_orders edit_published_shop_orders edit_shop_coupons edit_others_shop_coupons delete_shop_coupons publish_shop_coupons read_private_shop_coupons delete_private_shop_coupons delete_published_shop_coupons delete_others_shop_coupons edit_private_shop_coupons edit_published_shop_coupons bp_moderate Manage Categories manage_product_terms edit_product_terms delete_product_terms assign_product_terms Assign Categories Edit Categories Delete Categories Assign Post Tags Edit Post Tags Delete Post Tags Manage Post Tags Delete Themes Edit Theme Options Edit Themes Install Themes Switch Themes Update Themes Activate Plugins Delete Plugins Edit Plugins Install Plugins Update Plugins Create Roles Create Users Delete Roles Delete Users Edit Roles Edit Users List Roles List Users Promote Users Remove Users 0 assign_shop_coupon_terms assign_shop_order_terms copy_posts create_recordable_bbb_room delete_bbb_rooms delete_others_bbb_rooms delete_product delete_published_bbb_rooms delete_shop_coupon delete_shop_coupon_terms delete_shop_order delete_shop_order_terms edit_bbb_rooms edit_others_bbb_rooms edit_product edit_published_bbb_rooms edit_shop_coupon edit_shop_coupon_terms edit_shop_order edit_shop_order_terms join_as_moderator_bbb_room join_as_viewer_bbb_room join_with_access_code_bbb_room loco_admin manage_bbb_room_recordings manage_shop_coupon_terms manage_shop_order_terms manage_woocommerce publish_bbb_rooms read_bbb_room read_product read_shop_coupon read_shop_order Restrict Content view_extended_bbb_room_recording_formats view_woocommerce_reports wpml_manage_languages wpml_manage_media_translation wpml_manage_navigation wpml_manage_sticky_links wpml_manage_string_translation wpml_manage_support wpml_manage_taxonomy_translation wpml_manage_theme_and_plugin_localization wpml_manage_translation_analytics wpml_manage_translation_management wpml_manage_translation_options wpml_manage_troubleshooting wpml_manage_woocommerce_multilingual wpml_manage_wp_menus_sync wpml_operate_woocommerce_multilingual Thank you
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    this is already done as role of instructor : Can edit the course that the user is assigned to as co-author but can’t edit other courses. To instructor user role just add capability to add users from backend .
    hothaibinh
    Participant
    Hi, about batch, what is the right or which role to manage batch ? I want a specific user role to manage all the batch whether he is a member of that batch or not.
    hothaibinh
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    about batch, what is the right or which role to manage batch ? I want a specific user role to manage all the batch whether he is a member of that batch or not. This would be tricky because in buddypress you can decide whether all users can create groups (groups are batches ). With this filter "" apply_filters( 'vibebp_user_can_create_groups', $can_create, $restricted ,$this->user->id) you can handle that kind of user . you can create a user role then we can share code to enable the group creation .
    hothaibinh
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well any user can manage the batch given that he should be the member and the admin of that batch/group . simple to add batch admin : first add the user as member and then promote her to admin . 2 . if you want her to edit other courses as well then you have to add her as co author of the course or add her as admin instead , we check manage_options capability for the admin to show all course under her account
    hothaibinh
    Participant
    1. Moderator of batch: can't see the learning progress of the batch ? What can batch moderator do ? I just want a role to view learners' progress without editing or changing anything in the batch Besides, I have many batches about what you told me before about the filter, can I make a custom role for a user to also manage all batches ? The situation right now is that I have to give admin account to everyone which has lots of security risks, I just want specific roles to do specific things.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    set the batch stats visibility to mods in order to this : https://prnt.sc/155pwrk IF we can show all groups to this user in groups (groups= batches) then will it do the trick for you ?
    hothaibinh
    Participant
    Yes thank, Now I can do that. But how about having a class of users that can be admin of all batch (to add and manage batch member) without the admin right of the whole sites ?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well its easy you can add that user as admin or mod of that batch , there is no other setting available for this .
    hothaibinh
    Participant
    is there anyway to allow a user to add students to all courses without the right to edit the course ? or adding the user as co-author of the course without showing her an instructor in course page as she is not the instructor To sum up I just want to allow a staff to add students to courses without showing her in course profile and not allowing her to edit course
    hothaibinh
    Participant
    I think I would like an instruction to duplicate an administrator role but remove the following rights: - Edit or delete content (course, quiz, units, questions, certificate) - Everything in wp-admin except for user management feature
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well you can add the user as co author in your courses : we can hide that author from appearing in the system . For the second requirement you can use this plugin : https://wordpress.org/plugins/user-role-editor/ in order to create a new user role according to your needs .
    hothaibinh
    Participant
    Hi, 1. How to hide the co-author ? 2. I know that plugin, however, I don't know which are the specific permissions I should look at ? I have no idea what it means by just looking at the name and I don't want to mess with it
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • The topic ‘New customized user roles’ is closed to new replies.