PHP Error after Visual Composer "update"

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Update Issues PHP Error after Visual Composer "update"

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    rarego
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    Ok, I am able to access your site via different ISP. I think our ip address has been blacklisted by your server or our ISP is just not able to connect to your site.
    rarego
    Spectator
    Hi, A quick diagnostic on my server doesn't report any IP blacklisted... (but I know my host provider is very strict on security). If that helps, if you provide me with the IP you are connecting from I can try to add it to a whitelist though. Thanks.
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    Ok, your site is running fine at the moment. Can you tell me any page where I can check the issue now. I have activated the Custom Course nav plugin as well. p.s:  I have disabled WP_debug as it can lead to PHP notices which might prove to be issues in the setup. PHP Notices are safe and can be ignored but when they appear before code statements like setcookie then they can cause fatal errors on sites. Note that PHP notices are also thrown by plugins like BuddyPress, BBPress and WordPress core as well.
    rarego
    Spectator
    Ok, thanks.. My main issues were basically that the custom course nav was causing instability (slow back-end, pages not loading correctly..) and error messages (ie: when entering lms > Settings) and also that quizzes could not be submitted (wheel spinning for ever).
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    Course custom nav is now active and working. I think the issue arose because the wp_debug was enabled and it might be causing a php notice which could have triggered a serious error. I have resolved the quiz submissions issue on the topic : https://wplms.io/support/forums/topic/submit-quiz-stuck/#post-102552 p.s : If you're not using BadgeOS plugin, please consider disabling it, it is consuming a lot of memory in your site. Since you've not created any badges it would be a good idea to disable it.
    rarego
    Spectator
    Hi, Thanks a lot, that represents a big relief. Actually in the installation I had before restoring the site to a previous copy I was using Badges and would like to use them again... 1) Is it normal that is uses that many memory or is it just on my installation? 2) Do you think it could be a problem? (if so I'll just won't use it but if it depends on configuration of any kind would appreciate your help) 3) About debugging: Sometimes I use it just to check if things (maybe a third pluging) work the way they should... Are there any alternatives to stop using it? Thanks again.
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    1. It is normal, we've seen badgeOS consume a lot of memory. The more the number of badges, the more memory consumption. 2. I think yes, we're also working on a Custom Learning Paths plugin which would allow you to award badges, Certificates etc on custom action points. 3. No problems, I think the issue arose because the custom course nav requires "save" of settings. The best alternative is the error_log on the server.   If you face any issues, we're available for help.
Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • The topic ‘PHP Error after Visual Composer "update"’ is closed to new replies.