PHP errors and warnings

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues PHP errors and warnings

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    soulshakepower
    Spectator
    Hi, I have a staging site where I installed WPLMS 3.6 and now 3.7. I keep having a few PHP errors on Free courses. I saved permalinks, no caching, disabled ALL plugins but WPLMS ones, went to default WPLMS (no child theme with custom functions etc.) tested under PHP 7.0, 7.1 and 7.2 but these issues remain: Error #1 - Logged-in user lands on a free course intro page for 1st time. (gone after refresh) Screenshot. Error #2 - Logged-in user clicks on Take this course (only happens once - once user enrolled he can access it next time without this error). Screenshot. Error #3 - Only in PHP 7.2 - Front-end course admin tab (error gone when putting cursor on search bar and click else where). Screenshot. Can yo have a look please? Logged-in user in tests was not an admin. Note: I've disabled my production set-up for these tests (to be sure it wasn't faulty), but ultimately, if you re-activate my child theme and following plugins: I use WC Memberships that grants access to all non-free courses, using your "WPLMS with WC Memberships" plugin + a custom function.php snippet in child theme to make it compatible with WPML as well as redirecting take this course button to my pricing page. Not sure why this topic went to spam, please delete if doublon. Thanks for your help!
    soulshakepower
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Hi please provide some time to resolve all of these errors .  
    soulshakepower
    Spectator
    Actually I have 3 staging sites and above errors were only showing on one of them. So I just re-installed WP + Theme + plugins from clean zip packages over my live site database and most issues are gone. I currently only have one issue now on single product pages: Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/harpscho/public_html/wp-content/themes/wplms/woocommerce/single-product/short-description.php on line 25 So only this one matters now :-p Thanks for your light-fast replies. Please answer me: do you ever sleep? Are you twin brothers both called Alex working 24-7? You rock man
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Try to replace the "short-description.php " file in your wp-content/themes/wplms/woocommerce/single-product folder  with the "short-description.php " file given in the zipped file : https://bit.ly/2DFuTXB  
    soulshakepower
    Spectator
    Hi, It breaks the page even more - screenshot. I putted the default short-description.php from woocommerce in my child theme as a quick fix. I'm creating brand new staging copies so I will provide access soon. This setup has WP, WC plugins and theme all up to latest version.
    soulshakepower
    Spectator
    I created a new staging site directly from my production website (that has none of errors #1, 2, 3 and 4). - let's call WC product short description error #5. Errors #1, 2 and 3 are happening <u>only on staging sites!</u>. My staging sites do not have their own domain, instead they're under subdomains. The errors are showing the full path to my site and not the subdomain. So I am wondering if the code in vibe-course-module can be faulty when on subdomain setup? Errors 1, 2, 3 only seem to show up on free courses. Error #1 updated screenshot. Happens the 1st time a logged in user lands on a free course intro page. When we refresh the page, error is gone ans we can see the "take this course button. I click on it and: Error #2 updated screenshot. Happens when clicking on take this course for 1st time (or after being removed from course). After going back etc. and once enrolled it seems I can access the free course without the error showing up again. Error #3 updated screenshot Only under PHP 7.2 (fine on 7.1 and 7.0) - Happens on Front-end course admin tab (error gone when putting cursor on search bar and click else where. Error #4 (New) screenshot (looks like #2) and seems related to WC Memberships plugin actually. It happened when I tried to manually add a membership from WC>Memberships>Add to a user. I think we have a lead here! Error #5 - WC product short description error. (see screenshots from previous posts). You can see it live on any of my product pages on staging site (access in next reply). Thank you for your time Alex!
    soulshakepower
    Spectator
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    soulshakepower
    Spectator
    Hi Alex, I tested credentials before sending and just re-tested them and they work perfectly both ftp and wp-admin. Please be sure to use the ones from my very last private post here. Let me know!
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well im not seeing any errors : http://prntscr.com/l0v64i    http://prntscr.com/l0v6ej      CAn you please share the url of the pages where you are getting the errors ?
    soulshakepower
    Spectator
    Hi Alex, You seem to have missed all the things I wrote in between each link and screenshots.. See my last 2 posts here and private here if needed (where I tried to clearly describe when and where each error was showing up. Screencast errors 1,2,3you need to enter free courses free course example link. Seems to only happen on staging sites (sub-domains?!) Screencast error 4 - manual membership creation. Screencast of error 5 - single product page - you need to enter a product single product link Thanks!
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Ok it seems like all the errors has been resolved now . You can turn off your wp_debug to false . Also on admin page error : you have disabled the activity streams component which are necessary for wplms . I enabled it and it worked . all the fixes were in wplmsblankchildtheme/woocommerce/single-product folder  and in wp-content/plugins/vibe-course-module/includes/api/class-api-tracker-controller.php file .
    soulshakepower
    Spectator
    Hi Alex, Thank for your quick support. Will these be included in future WPLMS  theme and Course plugin updates? Also, as a feature request: it would be nice for those who have no need for BP activity to be able to disable it without breaking wplms. Thanks for considering. lmk about fixes in updates, Thank you!
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    yes both of these bug fixes are included in theme and plugin updates .
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • The topic ‘PHP errors and warnings’ is closed to new replies.