Problem replacing Take this Course with Form or Popup

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues Problem replacing Take this Course with Form or Popup

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Silvio
    Participant
    I have tried both methods proposed in the forum, either displaying a popup when the user clicks in Take this Course, or displaying a custom form using the Custom Forms Application Addon. I would really appreciate some assistance, there is no further forum post for me to check. I've tried everything. https://agro.iberf.es/curso/incorporacion-empresa-agraria/ Please let me know if you need any further details or login access.
    Diana
    Participant
    @silvio, Basically you want to open a login popup for non logged in user when the user click on take this course button right? There is a setting for that in wp-admin > LMS > Settings > Open Login popup for non logged in users when they click on take this course button Let me know if i misunderstand your issue
    Silvio
    Participant
    Hi Diana, Well, actually the best solution for me would be setting a small custom form on top of the Take this Course button in the single course page. I tried using the addon but I didn´t manage to display anything in the frontend. In this project, while I finish setting up woocommerce, I would like to disable any need for registration. I don´t want any kind of redirect or checkout either, I just want the visitor to send me their Name, Location, Telephone, by using the dedicated form in the Course Details. This should be possible to accomplish with the addon, but I think I might be doing something wrong.
    Silvio
    Participant
    I'm able to accomplish what you stated, I can get the login pop up to appear once they click on Take this Course, but right now I'm trying to skip any further interaction (I don't want the user to navigate from the course). I just want to make the addon to work cos it would suit my needs perfectly.
    Silvio
    Participant
    Any update on this? I need some initial guidance in order to clear this up. There are so many login and register options that it gets a little bit complicated at the beginning. However, I just want to display a custom form in each curso, above the Take this Course button, as it is described in the Custom Application Forms Addon. I don´t want any registration or login in this step, I want every visitor to see that form without login or register.
    Mark Morgan
    Spectator
    @Silvio Apologies for delay in reply As you're replying on your issue frequently it goes to less priority. To display contact form on take this course button please follow this tip : https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/add-popup-on-clicking-on-course-button-for-non-logged-in-users/
    Silvio
    Participant
    No problem Mark, I realized about the queue thing and decided to await your response. Nevertheless, as you can see in the above posts, I don't want a pop up, I want to display a contact form in top of the Apply/Take this Course button. I don´t want the user having to register or login. I want the form to be displayed for every visitor. I thought this was pretty easy to achieve using your Custom Application Forms Addon but I can´t get it to work. I suppose that the reason for not being able to display the form must be related to the login/register thing. I already trying checking the course with different types of accounts as I thought it wasn't being displayed as I was checking it with the admin account, but still no results. As I said previously, I already managed for the pop ups to work, but that is not my objective. I don´t want the user to register through pages as we do most of our sales by telephone, so I'd like to give the chance for the visitor to only submit his name and telephone number, so we can close the deal by phone. Awaiting any guidance. I really love the theme, but this thing with the registration and the forms is driving me nuts. Thanks for your assistance,
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well you can use this wplms addon for this : https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/wplms-application-forms/
    Silvio
    Participant
    Alex, you are the third support team who refuses to read the whole thread. I already installed that addon. That's what I want, displaying those forms in each course. This is taking ages for resolving such a straight and simple question. The problem must be related to the membership levels, I just need you to guide me on how to set it up so I can display that form to every student, every user, anyway... I have tried and checked all the posts, I already know how to use the popups.... But I'm just looking for the addon to work. Please, would you be so kind as to have a real look at my website and let me know?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Hi sure i have been travelling .i will check your issue and resolve it today itself . Please just share your site url, admin credentials and valod ftp credentials in private reply.
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    I was able to replicate the issue you're facing and it was a bug. The issue seems to have been added recently which caused the confusion in the first place. Please update the plugin Vibe CustomTypes to version 3.6.0.2 and then the issue would be resolved. Follow my next topic on detailed analysis.
    Silvio
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    Based on the description I understand that you have 2 requirements :
    1. Do not let user migrate from the course

2. Ask user to fill a form to pursue the course.

-- Now, there are more than 1 way of resolving this, however each has its own limitation. A. Course Application Forms : Enable Course Applications in Course pricing area and then add a form shortcode in the Course application forms area as described in this document : https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/wplms-application-forms/ Here the user needs to be logged in to apply to the course. B. Course Application Forms with Custom Registration Form with Auto login : Enable Course application forms, and in the application form area, instead of Form shortcode, we add a custom registration form shortcode with auto login. This custom form shortcode is wrapped in non loggedin user shortcode.

Silvio
    Participant
    Thanks a lot for your assistance Alex. I do understand the preliminary missunderstanding. It was also a strange coincidence that my first post in your forum was related to a bug, I thought it had something to do with the endless registration possibilities. Now I feel relieved and really satisfied with your assistance. You replicated the issue pretty fast and released a new version in a matter of minutes. Thanks once more. I will try the second option. I had that idea in my mind but I was not sure it could be accomplished as the problem with the application form was causing me too much trouble. Well, indeed after checking many posts I'm not so sure the second option with social login would be that useful. I already tested the BP Social Connect and it seems like that it is still not possible to redirect to the same page. Did you manage to overcome someway that problem in the latest update? (all the posts I found relating to that problem are from 2 months to 2 years old). Otherwise, if BP Social Connect does not redirect to the same page, do you now any other plugin which does? Another option, in case the above is not feasible, we continue with the idea of an embedded Application Form with a Custom Registration Form. Can I, for instance, limit the registration to only two fields: NAME and TELEPHONE. Which are the minimum elements needed for the simplest of registrations?  
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well three fields are compulsay for custom registration form also . name , email and password . These three are compulsary apart from these you can telephone field to your custom registration form .   for full please refer : https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/custom-registration-forms-in-wplms/        OR (i would not like to confuse you here now its upto your choice ) just use contact form 7 plugin and create a contact form for course add it in the course sidebar form wp-admin -> appearance -> widgets . This form will show to both logged in or non logged in users . If you want we can show this form in before course button or instead of course button .  
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘Problem replacing Take this Course with Form or Popup’ is closed to new replies.