Profile menu switching language problem

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Translation issues Profile menu switching language problem

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Menus generated for each language please check now.
    gbac
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    gbac
    Participant
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Hi for that to translate you will have to translate is using loco translate and then regenerate the menu as told in previous reply.
    gbac
    Participant
    Hi, from what I can read in the post you referred to earlier: https://wplms.io/support/forums/topic/problms-with-wpml-translations/page/2/#post-371351 the problem could be solved with the WPML plugin, is that true? The truth is that if possible I prefer not to install another translation plugin, loco translate, would it be possible to solve the problem using only WPML? Thank you so much for everything
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Yes wpml has its own translation plugin but it loads translations for loco translate as well. and we also recommend the loco translate .
    gbac
    Participant
    Hi Alex, I wanted to inform you that I have escalated the problem in the WPML forum and they have allowed me to reproduce it in a sandbox and... surprise! the problem has been solved, the bad thing is that I don't know how and it seems that they don't either. I wanted to ask you if you could take a look to see if you can find out what makes the translation of the submenus work there.
    gbac
    Participant
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Hi yes in sandbox its working.I would recommend you to translate the strings using loco translate first and then follow : 1 . Please goto wp-admin-> vibebp -> settings -> buddypress . 2 . Close all other tabs except wp-admin-> vibebp -> settings -> buddypress .. 3 . then switch to different language -> this will set the language cookie correctly . 4 . Now then hit the Refresh buddypress navigation button . 5 . close the newly opened profile page . 6 . now switch to other lannguage on the page wp-admin-> vibebp -> settings -> buddypress then follow same from 2 to 5 .
    gbac
    Participant
    Hi Alex, I thought you could help me find out why it does work in the sandbox without locotranslate installed. As I was saying, I have also submitted the problem in the WPML forum, so I'm going to wait and see if they manage to discover it. If they can't then, much to my chagrin, I'll install the Locotranslate plugin. thanks
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    well actually the menus are generated right in your sandbox .To detect what is the difference we need to know how did you setup your sandbox .did you ran the menu generation process as mentioned in previous reply or it was automated ?
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • The topic ‘Profile menu switching language problem’ is closed to new replies.