seperate registration and checkout

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues seperate registration and checkout

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    MeesterGijs
    Spectator
    Good day, Like a year ago I asked a lot of question on how to create one page where my visitors register and also pay for their membership. I got that to work. Some of the topics where we discussed that are here, here and here. I now want them seperated and changed to a custom registration page without payment option. And redirect them after registering to the shop because I want to sell more than one product. How can I set that up? Which settings do I have to change (back)? You can check all this and help here, at my testsite: metmeestergijs.nl Thanks! Gijs
    MeesterGijs
    Spectator
    One specific question is that I need a registration page. My current page redirects to my membership product page (see wp-admin/settings/buddypress/pages). How do I change that? I have no idea where I added code.. I checked all places.. testsite to help me: metmeestergijs.nl Gijs
    MeesterGijs
    Spectator
    Could I please get a response, thanks.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    checking...
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well you can redirect the user after activation by setting the shop page in wp-admin -> WPLMS -> Buddypress -> redirect page on activation . Also I found that your register option is alraedy working fine : https://metmeestergijs.nl/aanmelden/ Could you please share more details on this .    
    MeesterGijs
    Spectator
    This link that you refer to, https://metmeestergijs.nl/aanmelden/,  is not only the registration page but also where you pay for you membership. The registration page redirects to checkout with the only product I have already added to cart. You can tell because the registration also has the order and payment options at the bottum. I would like to change that all that. I want /aanmelden/ to be the page where you just register, free of charge and to purchase a membership you go to a course or the shop. I can't seem to unlink the two. Plus, I now have it set that the site automatically adds the membership to cart. And it stays there even after having paid, which is very misleiding. I would like to have that function/code disabled as well. I've tried everything the last 24 hours. Nothing seems to work or do the trick. Please have another look. Gijs
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    well last I remember you did that with a custom code or a plugin . now we have to remove it in order to achieve this . please share your admin credentials as well as valid ftp credentials to check this at your end.
    MeesterGijs
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Im sorry still quite not understand .I cant find the page second page where user can register in your site ? CAn you please share the link of it ? and you want to disable this link ? or just want to link it back to :  https://metmeestergijs.nl/aanmelden/  
    MeesterGijs
    Spectator
    This url https://metmeestergijs.nl/aanmelden/ is also where you register. I want that to be a register page (with the added custom fields) but without a product already in my basket and so no payment options at the bottom). I want them to pay later when they go the the shop or click on a specific course. Is this clear? Gijs
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Yes this is already done in your site on this page :

https://metmeestergijs.nl/aanmelden/

this is buddypress register page . user register on this page and gets activation email .After clickin on the link provided in activation email which is sent on user's email activates his account .After that he can login and goto shop . We have a setting with which you can redirect the user to shop page after activation from wp-admin -> WPLMS -> Buddypress -> Redirect on activation .   I guess what you need is to change the link on "aanmelden" in your main menu .
    MeesterGijs
    Spectator
    Yes, thanks. I get that. I'll make that work. But then how do I delete the automatically added membership in cart? What setting/code is that? Thanks, Gijs
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well I remember that was added by you , we did not provided any such code to you . I tried to find the code in your wplms customizer plugin and in your child theme functions.php file but could not find any such code that will add the product in cart . I guess maybe its added with the help of third party plugin by you ?  
    MeesterGijs
    Spectator
    I think it's wc booster or wc4bp. I'll check that those. One other thing.. This page has a lot of fields, too many actually. Some are even double. I just want what I had: email username password confirm password location school level of education birthyear How do I set that up or delete all double fields and adjust styling? So that it looks like this.
    maximus
    @MeesterGijs To remove the extra fields from your signup page goto wp-admin->Users->Profile Fields->Base(Primary) Here you will see that you have multiple fields of the same name. Need to delete the duplicate fields from here.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘seperate registration and checkout’ is closed to new replies.