setting up batches and groups

Home Forums WPLMS AddOns WPLMS Batches setting up batches and groups

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    DynamicInfluence
    Participant
    I'm not a programmer so I'm looking for detailed help and resources to help set up this functionality.  Here’s the functionality I’m looking for... I offer different courses, some for the public and some for schools.  Some courses I just want to have as private and give people a special code to access the course without creating an account.  I've tried to do this through the Course Code widget, but I haven't been able to get it to work. For courses for schools, I need a simple way for schools to purchase the course and once they purchase the course it automatically creates their own "batch" and then the school admin person for each school can then add other teachers for their school and each teacher can then add students.  I need this to be as simple and straight forward as possible.  Each school needs to be independent from each other (can't see each other) and each class within the school needs to be independent from each other where they can't see other classes within their school.  I was told that I can do this with batches and I think groups or categories?  I'm just not sure how to do this. Lastly, for some of the courses there will be a quiz at the end and they need to answer all of the questions correctly to pass the course and get the “certificate of completion” and there would be a notification that would automatically sent to the teacher.  How do I set that up?
    DynamicInfluence
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Scott Lang
    Hi,

Use Cases :

• A company or corporate wants to buy Courses for their X number of employees.
    • A re-seller wants to sell the courses from your site to X number of students.
    • Parent purchasing courses for their kids
    Please refer this Wplms-Buy-batch feature : https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/wplms-buy-batch-feature/    
    Scott Lang
    A non programmer can setup things within a hour. Basically it create a page where user can select courses and no. of seats to purchase. After this it redirects to the woo commerce checkout page . After purchasing user becomes the owner of batch and he can add another users upto no. seats which he purchased.
    DynamicInfluence
    Participant
    I see the price per batch.  And the person that purchases the batch becomes the admin.  My initial step will be to offer 1 fixed price for schools to access the course/curriculum. I will not be conducting the course. I want teachers to be able to use my curriculum within their own classrooms for their students. So the school will purchase access to the course. Then I want that admin person to give certain teachers access to certain courses, and then those teachers can add their students.  Each school needs to be separate from each other and each class within the school needs to be separate from each other.  How do I do that Also, is it possible to change the name from "batch" to something else? Like maybe School?
    Scott Lang
    Hi, School will purchase your courses with no. of seats as batch, and they become admin to the batch .Then they can add user,teacher to the batch . It does not depend you are conducting the  course or not. For this : So the school will purchase access to the course. Then I want that admin person to give certain teachers access to certain courses, and then those teachers can add their students.  => you should create different batch for different course . then after purchase school admin can add teachers to that batch . and teachers will add student to that batch.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘setting up batches and groups’ is closed to new replies.