In version 1.5 we have added a major feature in WPLMS batches plugin, the feature is called “Buy Batch”. As the name suggests this feature allows any user to purchase a complete Batch (class or reserve seats ) for selected Courses.
Use Cases :
- A company or corporate wants to buy Courses for their X number of employees.
- A re-seller wants to sell the courses from your site to X number of students.
- Parent purchasing courses for their kids
How this Works :
- The user (logged in or non-logged in) opens a page with a form for purchasing the batch.
- The form consists of a Batch name field, select courses field and number of seats field.
- Based on the courses selected and the number of seats entered in the form, the price for the batch is calculated in real time.
- The buyer clicks on purchase and lands on WooCommerce cart page and completes the checkout process.
- After the order is complete, a batch is created with the selected courses and the number of seats.
- The buyer becomes the administrator of the batch and manage the batch settings, the batch courses and the number of students in batch setting is hidden from the admin as these are fixed when the batch is purchased.
- The admin can add and remove the students in the batch and keep track of their statistics.
- The students of the batch get access to all the courses connected with the batch.
Example : A corporate company wants to purchase some courses for their 50 employees at once and also wants to manage them or keep track of the employees.
Steps to setup the form:
- Enable the buy batch setting from wp-admin -> lms -> settings -> enable buy batch.
- Now in each course settings you can set the price per seat.
- Now create a new page and add the shortcode [wplms_buy_batch] in it and publish the page.
- User go to the page where the buy batch form is displayed.
- User selects the courses.
- User selects the seats.
- User purchases the batch through woocommerce checkout page.
- Now a private group/batch will be created automatically with the name as filled in the form and the buyer will become the administrator of the batch.
- Now the administrator can add the 50 students in the batch and these students can do the course connected to the batch according to the timing set in the batch settings by batch administrator.
Note: In the select courses only those courses can be selected whose price per seat is set in the course settings. If there are 10 courses in the website and out of these only 5 courses have price per seat set in the setting, then only these 5 courses can be selected in the batch form.
- By default the private group/batch is created but you can set the group to be created as public by adding the status attribute in the shortcode.
- You can select which courses should appear in the select courses option. This case is suitable if there are 50 courses in your website but you want the user to choose from only 5 courses then you can provide the course ids in the shortcode separated by commas.
- You can restrict the number of seats for the users by adding the seats attribute in the shortcode.
- After the user purchases the batch, the user cannot change its number of seats and courses, as the batch was purchased for the fixed number of seats and courses. However if you want to sell the batch for unlimited courses and seats then add the buy_batch=0 (zero) attribute in the shortcode.