Shortcode popup is blank in back-end editor

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Shortcode popup is blank in back-end editor

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    dmakab2
    Participant
    I'm experiencing the same problem as a user shared in this post: https://wplms.io/support/forums/topic/shortcodes-not-showing-in-editor/ When I go to the backend editor and click on the Vibe Shortcode icon, a window pops up, but it is blank. I had no problems using the shortcodes until yesterday, so it might be a problem with the recent update. I already deactivated all the 3rd party plugins and resaved the permalinks, but the problem was not fixed. I also do not have this problem with other popup windows. It is only the Vibe Shortcodes.  
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    It could be due to some js error on your site, so I'll need the site url and the admin credentials to check the issue on your site. PS: Please mark your reply as private while sharing the credentials.
    dmakab2
    Participant
    https://www.eslcollegeprep.com/wp-admin login: [email protected] a55rxKpSUG
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Thanks for sharing the credentials, I checked your site and found out that the server is throwing a 403 error on this page, refer: http://prntscr.com/ca6xzj This error is generally shown when the file permission is wrong, so please contact your webhost on this. You can also give your folder permission to 755 . I also noticed that your plugins are updated to latest versions i.e. 2.2 but your theme is not updated, so please update your wplms theme also to the latest version i.e. 2.2 Let me know if this helps.
    dmakab2
    Participant
    Thanks for your time. My folders are all 775 permission. Isn't that more permission than 755? Most importantly, I haven't changed the permissions at all since creating the site and the popups used to work. I've also tried disabling all other plugins, including security plugins, and I've updated the WPLMS theme and plugins. None of these things work. Is there another possible solution you could think of? I appreciate the help.
    dmakab2
    Participant
    I spent an hour with my hosting provider and they found nothing wrong with the server that could be affecting WPLMS.
    dmakab2
    Participant
    New password: 0R4O1gEp95LTturf(F4)91b*
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Firstly this is not a theme bug as this is not replicable in any of our test sites or the live sites. This issue is most likely related to file permission. In the screenshot above you can see the full file path of popup.php file (Requested url:  in the screenshot). Make sure this file is accessible.
    dmakab2
    Participant
    I have found the error and I'm sharing it in case others need help. The file permissions for my site were correct. However, I was using a security plugin that hardens the wp-content and wp-include folders. When I was trying to fix the popup issue, I deactivated all 3rd party plugins and deleted the security plugin. I didn't know that even though the security plugin was deleted, the security changes to the file were not reverted. I had to add popup.php to the plugin's php whitelist. After I did this, the popup worked again. Thanks for you time, Latiyan.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Thanks for the update. So marking the topic as resolved and closing the topic.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Shortcode popup is blank in back-end editor’ is closed to new replies.