translation issues

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Translation issues translation issues

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Diana
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    MeesterGijs
    Spectator
    Thank you. Btw, I had those three new strings translated. The string: '..is a required field' has always been an issue.
    Diana
    Participant
    @meestergijs, I have found this filter in woocommerce code which we can use to show the error message. Go to wp-admin > Plugins > Editor > select wplms customizer plugin > wplms-customizer.php function my_woocommerce_add_error( $error ) { if (strpos($error,'required') !== false) { $error = 'your message'; } return $error; } add_filter( 'woocommerce_add_error', 'my_woocommerce_add_error' );
    MeesterGijs
    Spectator
    Great, it does work. But it gives me this. So it's not specific for each field. Besides that. It's no longer the only English string on my site. Now I have other strings I can't translate. see here It's so weird. And this one, this one, this one, this one, this one. All of these others I already had fixed last week. But because of my handling it has now been reset and I can't get them translated. Could you reset/update .pot file again? Could you make screenshots of what I should do?     Everytime I have difficulty getting this done. I am (almost) sure I'm following Loco translate steps correctly. What should I do?
    MeesterGijs
    Spectator
    Or should I just update woocommerce plugin? Should that help with the translating of the strings? I don't want to because not all active plugins have been checked with the update woocommerce plugin.
    Diana
    Participant
    @meestergijs I have updated the pot file of the woo-commerce plugin on your site. Please create a backup o your translations and then start the translations of this plugin from scratch.
    MeesterGijs
    Spectator
    Thank you. I want to make backups, but I notice I don't have a folder at: “wp-content\plugins\pluginname\languages”. My .pot file is deeper. It's at /i18n/languages Could that be part of the issue? Plus the /i18n/languages folder has 2 backup files I can't delete. screenshot Thirdly. Should I delete both of these? screenshot
    Diana
    Participant
    @MeesterGijs, Yes, because the woocommerce plugin is not our plugin. The Plugins which is created/managed by our team has only the .pot file at this place(languages/.pot file). For the other plugins you have to check. As you can see in case of woocommerce plugin The Backups which you can't delete, rename those backups
    MeesterGijs
    Spectator
    I don't know how. Maybe because I updated woocommerce membership. But that 100% translated global file has given me back to effect to change translations. So everything is back to what it was, which is great. One problem remains; the string 'it's a required field'. But I'll just leave that. Am I correct to think that because I have the system/global translation file, that when I update I don't lose my own translations?
    Diana
    Participant
    @meestergijs Yes, you are correct. Until you have the translations saved in Global Language file. You'll not lose any translations even after the update
    MeesterGijs
    Spectator
    I just updated Woocommerce and lost my translations. While I have a systym file (global). How come? Now I will add my translation in the global file (woocommerce-nl_NL.po). How do I know they will be saved the next time I update?
    Diana
    Participant
    @meestergijs Check the global language file and copy the translations to the local language file. The backup in the global language file will be always there even after the update. It's just that some of your translations affect by local language file. So I am suggesting you to have the translations at both the places. Let me know if this helps
    MeesterGijs
    Spectator
    Let's hope so. You can close this topic.
    Diana
    Participant
    @meestergijs, okay
Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • The topic ‘translation issues’ is closed to new replies.