Translation issues – Buddypress

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Translation issues Translation issues – Buddypress

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    crille_mok
    Spectator
    I have followed the steps from here: https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/buddy-press-translation-using-loco-translator/  I can see the translation in Loco, but not in front end - it is not working. I will attach an example below where it is still showing english, even if the string exist in the translation in Loco.
    crille_mok
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    logan

Hello,

these strings are coming from wplms theme, vibe course module, vibe custom types plugin and buddypress plugin.

you need to copy the translations file into a global folder, which is wp-content >> language.

you need to translate every string from all plugins and theme. translated them one by one. On every update local files will be affected so that you need to put these translated files into global folders. it will prevent string loss from the update.

here is how you can achieve this.

Note: in this, I am using my local test setup site language which is "Português do Brasil". you have to select your site language.

Always sync and save the pot file refer: http://prntscr.com/ng3kbk

Note: Always copy local .Po | .Mo files into the global folder. it will prevent from translation string loss while updating theme/ plugins.

How could you do this: https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cqfQh6ZllK

In this video, 

1. i have checked the site language from wp-admin > settings > general > site language.
    2. then goto wp-admin > loco translate > theme/plugin > theme name / plugin name.
    3. Copy author file to system file.
    4. the author stands for local file and the system stands for the global file.
    5. once your done copying. from now you have to translate a string in global (system) file.

These steps should be followed for all plugins and theme in which you are making any changes.

crille_mok
    Spectator
    I have followed these steps now, as well as before. No change. The translation is global, the strings are there, but does not appear on the site. I don't know what to do.
    Veronica
    hi, can you please share me the video of the steps that you are performing so i can take an idea that what are you missing and guide you.
    crille_mok
    Spectator
    Veronica
    crille_mok
    Spectator
    crille_mok
    Spectator
    Veronica
    hi, sorry for the delay in response. I have missed it by mistake. can you please let me know how many strings are there that you want to translate? i have noticed COMPLETE SIGN UP on the registration page it is coming from the buddypress plugin so you have to check this string there and also in wplms theme.
    crille_mok
    Spectator
    Veronica
    crille_mok
    Spectator
    logan
    crille_mok
    Spectator
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘Translation issues – Buddypress’ is closed to new replies.