URGENT-WPLMS 2.0 Reverted Custom Styling

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Update Issues URGENT-WPLMS 2.0 Reverted Custom Styling

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    dtconner
    Spectator
    Just updated to version 2.0. All Plugins have also been updated...EXCEPT WooCommerce has not been updated to 2.5. We have been using a child theme with a custom CSS file (that includes the parent CSS file) for modifying color and layout styles. www.experttechnicaltraining.com After updating to WPLM 2.0 today all our custom color styles reverted back to the default template colors.  Browser cache has been cleared and the issue is across multiple browsers. Example:  Child Theme Custom Style: /* BuddyPress.css Color Changes */ #buddypress .item-list-tabs ul li a:hover, #buddypress .item-list-tabs ul li.current a, #buddypress .item-list-tabs ul li.selected a { color: #FFF; background-color: #f5be2e !important; } (Note the background color should match the yellow-orange color of the logo.) Post Update Theme Style: #buddypress .item-list-tabs ul li a:hover, #buddypress .item-list-tabs ul li.current a, #buddypress .item-list-tabs ul li.selected a { color: #FFF; background-color: #78C8CE; } See attached images: 1.  WPLMS2_0_Revert_Issue.jpg shows how the style got reverted
    1. QuizNotTabulating.jpg show an earlier screen grab on a previously solved issue but the color style on the sidebar menu shows the custom color we previously had working
    The reverted colors are throughout the entire site. I would rather not have to go back and burn client billable time to re-do all the colors again Pleas advise ASAP as this site has been live for a while. David  
    dtconner
    Spectator
    It's as if the theme/platform is not recognizing my child theme use.
    dtconner
    Spectator
    Sorry Mr Vibe...after all the problems created by your 2.0 update I was forced to restore back to my site the way it was prior to the update.  Please keep this ticket updated as the issues get resolved. Also, I too was getting the error code at the top of the screen like others are seeing.
    dtconner
    Spectator
    Additionally, it seems the issues I had are focused within the BuddyPress area.  Not only did my BuddyPress styles get blow away but whenever I do one of your updates the BuddyPress footer widget drop out as unused. Hope this helps with your investigation.
    ivanbayross
    Spectator
    Hi, We also updated the WPLMS and using the WPLMS blank theme. All the styling in the style.css in the wplms blank theme is not getting recognised. When we check the view sort, the wplms blank theme style.css is not getting pinned only. Hence we have to revert back to old version. Please take a look and fix this issue so we can use the update WPLMS version.
    SuperDave
    Spectator
    We all need the bug fixes and new features but can we upgrade and disable the new them and new layout changes until we are ready to rework our CCS customisatioons and other things.
    ivanbayross
    Spectator
    Any updates???? Why is the child theme CSS not getting recognised in the updated WPLMS? Please help...
    dtconner
    Spectator
    Still looking for a response here. We also are iFraming a number of videos on our site.  Would be thrilled to know how you are planning to resolve the video issue (post 2.0 update) so we won't have to go back and touch a few hundred video iframe code segments.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Please use this code in childtheme/functions.php file to include your child theme's style.css file: wp_enqueue_style( 'wplms-child-style-css', get_stylesheet_directory_uri().'/style.css');
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Please use our [iframevideo] shortcode like this : [iframevideo]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/COvnHv42T-A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/iframevideo] Our shortcode works for every video types, but if you are using vzaar videos then, refer: https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/for-vzaar-responsive-videos/
    dtconner
    Spectator
    I'm sorry but your resolution to the video issue is unacceptable. This is due to there are hundreds of videos we use for our courses.  The videos were working just fine prior to the update.   How can that be if we were not using the shortcode?  Why now do we need to use the shortcode? Asking us to go back and touch hundreds of iframe code segments when it was all working fine before is not right. Why all of a sudden it is an issue with 2.0? Thanks in advance for a detail response on why.
    sandy
    Can you please refer this fix : https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/force-responsive-iframe-videos-content/ Let us know if this helps.
    dtconner
    Spectator
    This makes more sense as a fix.  However, do we need to be concerned that the child theme functions.php file will be recognized in the 2.0 update give the style.css file was not?
    peppies
    Spectator
    Same issue here. Tried updating on the testing site and the process itself went fine. However, custom child theme css is not recognized. Header color has changed, course titles color has changed, default background color has been put in...etc. I'm using Child One theme. Is it supported at all? WPLMS 2 may be fine as a clean install but certainly doesn't work well when updating from 1.9.x. This should be addressed urgently. There is no way that an upgrade should completely ignore existing website styling.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster

Please use this code in childtheme/functions.php file to include your child theme's style.css file:

wp_enqueue_style( 'wplms-child-style-css', get_stylesheet_directory_uri().'/style.css'); However this will be fixed in the wplms 2.0.1 update  today .

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘URGENT-WPLMS 2.0 Reverted Custom Styling’ is closed to new replies.