User access

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Louey37
    Spectator
    Here's another video of what's happening with the forum logins: https://drive.google.com/file/<wbr />d/1PPjgvIGVFVZL-<wbr />1D4uycR9o7HHPur0-L0/view?usp=<wbr />sharing There's no caching plugin activated
    Louey37
    Spectator
    We have to change how we're doing this. I'm getting email after email from pissed off customers who can't access the forum they've paid money to access. They were patient at first but it's now been 9 days since I first raised this problem and we're still dealing with it. This '1 response per day' thing isn't good enough right now. I need to get this sorted. Can you please let me know a way to talk to you directly (live chat, skype, on the phone, whatever), your location, and a good time to talk to you? I'll make it work. I simply cannot afford for this to drag out any longer. It's officially costing me money now and that's not good enough.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well the main problem is that we are not able to access your site since day 1 . We are telling you repeatedly about the access issue. If we have accessed your site it might have been resolved on day 1 itself . Without accessing your site we cannot check anything as the issue is not replicated on our test setup . .   We checked your video and it  helped us out to find the reason behind it now . The reason is caching . You forums page is cached in the browser (without logged in) , when user logs in it redirects to home page which is not served from cache and is served from server . But when you jump to forums link it shows the cached forums page(not logged in ) there . You need to disable the caching for logged in users there in your caching plugin settings . OR to fix this please clear/purge all kinds of cache in your site and then deactivate the caching plugin that you are using for caching . for some users they might need to clear up their browser cache as well .    
    Louey37
    Spectator
    I don't understand how to be more clear with you. I CAN'T GIVE YOU ACCESS TO THE SITE BECAUSE THE SITE DOESN'T WORK!!!! I can't create an account for you on the site because there is something wrong with the site. Your code is not functioning. I can't create user accounts and so can't create one for you. Also, because the code does not work, I can't give you my password because I can't change it afterwards. I have been asking for you to install LastPass and give me your email address for 4 days now because that is the only way I can give you access without giving you my (unchangeable) password. I can't believe I'm still going through this same thing with you. This is so frustrating. Can you please just do this?? This is a simple solution to us going round and round and round and round. I've turned of all caching on the website. There are no caching plugins on the site at all. I don't understand how it's still caching or why this is happening. I want to give you access to the site but I need a way to do it that's safe. Can you please, please, please, please, please, please, install the only safe way to do this - LastPass????? It's 100% free and completely simple to use. It will not cost you anything and will mean that this whole probelm can be done with. Please. I don't know how else to ask this again. Am I not being clear with this??? The site does not work and I can't give you access any other way. Far out..... PLEASE. Please.
    Louey37
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Louey37
    Spectator
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Louey37
    Spectator
    Just joined Slack. I can whitelist your IP address so you can login. Ping me when you're on Slack and we can get this sorted.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Hi , thanks fir that . Today is Sunday . We will be online on Monday from 11  utc + 5.30
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • The topic ‘User access’ is closed to new replies.