Woocommerce purchase/username issues…

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues Woocommerce purchase/username issues…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Nick
    Participant
    Hi there.... We have a very confusing thing happening during checkout (I think) and I am trying to figure out how to resolve it. (I will try to explain as simply as possible)
    • My client has 1 course for sale:  https://leadincomplexity.com/course/lead-in-complexity-boot-camp/
    • She has a 20% off woo coupon that she gives to people who let her know that they are signing up with a friend.
    • What is happening is a single person in the purchasing department is making payment for the course on mutiple occassions - using his same email address for payment.
    because of that, the username seems to be generating from the paypal email address. As a result all the wrong names/usernames exist in the system for the users. It is a bit of a strange mess. I am actually quite confused as to what has even happened! I think that with one instance someone paid for two courses with the username being pulled from the same email address - and because of that my client has 2 pay pal payments received, and there are two woo orders in the WP dashboard- but there is only 1 word Press user.
    There is another confusing instance where there is a user created - but she is not assigned to the course. (even though it shows her WP role as student) So, as the course admin I went to add her manually - and when I type in the same username that is in wp (to add her ) she does not even show up as an option to add. Then, when I look at the course activity, it shows activity for her - but when I look on her member profile, there is no activity.
    As a side note to the above issue, I just created a new user manually in WP - and it allowed me to add that user to the course - so we know that is working, but it is blocking her user account somehow.
    And yet one more thing: When looking at the frontend admin for the course - when I look at : "Total number of Students in course" - it says 7.
    So I'm wondering: have you seen this issue before? What is a good solution for this? We seriously have to resolve this so that it does not happen again! It is causing chaos in the system, and I do not even know how to resolve it...And there will be other instances where a person in the purchasing role will simply go and try to sign up to purchase for a couple of people again.

Nick
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well please do not confuse . there is simple logic behind it : The course will be assigned to the email id (user who is purchasing the course). There is no way to identify the user other than email id  . In your case purchase is being created by same user using same email id which he/she should not be doing this . they should use the user's own email to whom the course will be purchased for .   You can use the Gift course plugin in order to gift the course to the users : http://vibethemes.com/downloads/wplms-gift-course/
    Nick
    Participant
    Okay, We'll try that gift the course plugin - do you think that will solve it moving forward? When a single person is purchasing for other people? Also - for the users that are already in WP, but I cannot manually add them to the course. What do you think is the best thing for me to do? Should I delete the user, and then create them as new user - then add them to the course? thanks! Niki
    Nick
    Participant
    Hi, (sorry - I send that last reply a bit soon) I just tried to gift the course, and "the gifting" process worked, in terms of payment being processed - and there is a WooCommerce order in the dashboard. BUT an email was not sent to the recipient email address.  I did this twice, to two email addresses. Neither of them has been received by the gift recipient. So as a result no user has been made in WP (and the senders account shows no gifts in their profile: http://prntscr.com/mp8cpt  
    Ava
    Well that is because the user have to click on the link in the email which is sent to user's email address to which the course is gifted .   When user clicks on that only then the course assigned to her . Yes you can also add the user from course admin .   IF he is already on website then please check his email matches with the same email you want to order the course for .      
    Nick
    Participant
    Please, I think you didn't understand the question - the email is not actually being sent to the person who the course is being "gifted" to. If you like I can send you a 100% coupon to try it out. The Woo order gets processed - but no email sent to the prospective student.
    Ava
    Okay we checked this and found out that the gift course emails were not migrated in your site . So we migrated it using this tip : https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/migrate-all-the-wplms-emails-to-buddypress-again/  Now the emails will be sent
    Nick
    Participant
    Thank you! I'll check that out :)
    Ava
    Please let us know after the issue resolved for you, so that we can close this topic.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Woocommerce purchase/username issues…’ is closed to new replies.