WPLMS For Offline Courses

Home Forums General [ No Support Zone ] Feature Request Planned Features WPLMS For Offline Courses

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    a4da
    Spectator
    I think the Events need to be linked to the registration Page for the student to pick the Event Date and then add the course to the cart. and when the Event date passes it drops off the registration page and any new events are added.  Then the event stays in the student profile. Right now I manually add the event dates to the registration page which will put it in the student profile but monthly when the event date passes and I have to add a new date and manually remove the old date it removes it from the student profile. So I have no idea looking back at student profile what event (class date) they attended.
    isigma
    Spectator
    First what is the REGISTRATION PAGE in your understanding? There are currently two possible places, which you can use for booking/registering: 1. Booking through the course itself. You can use all the power of WooCommerce product to create booking instead of a purchase. Unfortunately this flexibility are not available if you're using Point system for payment. 2. You can make booking via the EventOn, organizing an Event list for all your classes, events. EventOn has tons of paid addons for tickets, booking, payment, etc. I personally use both ways. The second way I only use for reserving courses, as payment via EventOn doesn't include the student to the course student list. ========= I also see your good point about handling the event dates, and will be working with WPLMS team on including the following functionality/algorithm: 1. Directory will display start and end date of offline courses 2. After the purchase student is included to the course list, but is not granted all the access 3. The access to the course resourses (forum, group, buddydrive, course itself) starts on the Course Start date 4. The access is closed on the Course End Date + grace time period (new setting in the course) Does it look close to what you want?
    a4da
    Spectator
    Registration Page is the page "SIGN UP" is what came with the theme I assume is a buddypress item. So they SIGN UP via the registration page then pick the course and add to cart make payment via woocommerce and have immediate access to the course. BUT all of my courses include an in person component.   I do not use a points system or membership . They pay in full and can start the online portion of the course immediately .  BUT they have to added the course in person also. AFTER or WHILE they complete the online portion of the course.  So I added a user profile field on the Registration Page/Sign up Form for them to pick a class date/EVENT so when they register/sign up I know which course/class/event they are picking Since I offer 5 different classes/events...  Each month I have a new Class/event date so I have to keep track of his Event date they are attending but in most cases they finish the online course then attend the event/class date ( 1 day efda and dental xray course). But in another course I sell they complete the online course work while attending the in person course ( 12 week dental assisting program) I have looked over eventon add ons and the ticket add on may work it doesn't help with linking the course -student and event. Selling a ticket with eventon and then having them do the online course doesn't look or feel professional to me. #1 display start and end date of offline.  for my situation that wouldn't work because the are taking the online and offline at the same time (12 week course) #2 after purchase I want them to be able to begin the online course even before they attend the offline #3 course resources start on course date - Not for my situation - as soon as they make payment they can begin the online course so if the in person class date/event date is march 18 and they register/sign up and pay for the course on Feb 1 . that gives them all that time to take the online course #4 access closed at course end date--  that's an ok feature but not one that is important for me at the end of the course end date. its the end no matter what because again they are doing online and offline at the same time.   I hope that makes some sense you can view my website to maybe get a better idea of how my system is set up www.academy4da.com.   I just think the event should be linked to the registration page/sign up page (that came with your theme so that when they register,  pick the event date they want to attend and pick the course add to cart and make payment.  its all together.. I don't understand what the point of the eventon - adding the event and linking it to a course just for it to show in the students dashboard?? I may not understand it but that's all eventon is doing that I know about ... So I sell the same 5 courses over and over the event/class date is the only thing that changes for me monthly , that's why I need somehow to link the event date to the course to the student....  
    isigma
    Spectator
    So your main concern is to assign a course to a new user upon registration? As the registration is handled by BPress, it is only possible to redirect user to some page (like course directory) without messing with BP code. What you want is a "limited  edition" and needs coding. I personally do not see that functionality being helpful for the majority of LMS users. It is easy to make an extra dropdown field in the profile, which has names of your courses to choose from. Then after registration check the field and redirect to the exact course to book. But you want the dropdown course  list to be dynamic, reflecting your updated dates... That's a tough one...
    kayjpier
    Spectator
    Can you help me add a logic mode to the quiz functionality such as in "Chained Quiz Plugin". In other words, make a quiz in such a way the next question depends on the previous answer. If not, can you recommend a freelancer (familiar with your theme) who can do this job? Thank you
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • The topic ‘WPLMS For Offline Courses’ is closed to new replies.