How to protect my video added on my website?
This is one the most common question we were asked recently .
So we came up with a solution .
- Directly encrypt video from wordpress media library add media popup .
- Each decided segment of video encrypted with different key ,i.e. multiple keys used
- No load on server while uploading a video or encryption .
- No limit on video size .
- Multiple privacy options for video such as : logged in , course students , instructors only , selected users only .
- One Unified player for all kind of videos ,local videos(uploaded to media library, from youtube , from wistia , encrypted video url ) .
- Multiple options to customize player for each video like seek lock , hide show volume control .
- All videos resumed where left(on one machine) .
How to use :
To start you will need to purchase the encryption quota from Videoencrypt.com which you can purchase here :
Once purchased it will automatically create your account on Videoencrypt.com and you will be automatically logged in (if not due to some kinda error then you can check your email for account credentials ) .
Now you have to generate an api key which can be generated here :
Once you generate your api key please login to your site .
Install the Wplms Videotube plugin which can be downloaded from here :
—– link goes here—-
After installing the plugin .You will quickly need to setup the api key to enable the encryption of videos from videoencrypt.com .
To set it please copy the api key you got from https://videoencrypt.com/api page and then goto your site -> wp-admin -> lms -> settings -> Videotube settings -> Videoencrypt api key :
That’s it you are not ready to roll.
You will see a ” Upload for encryption ” button in the media popup media details container :
Now once you will click on the upload for encryption , the file will read from server by chunks and then sent to videoencrypt .So this might take some to upload the video .
Once video is uploaded to videoencrypt.com server it will be added to queue (encryption queue on videoencrypt.com) for processing .
It might take some time to encrypt the video fully on videoencrypt.com .
you can check your video status by hitting on the “Check Status” button :
When your video file is completely processed by our server ,the check status will turn to : “Download Now” button :
now hit the Download now button to get your encrypted file .
once the file is downloaded you will see some settings to set the video privacy
Privacy settings :
All users : video will be loaded for all users .
Logged in users : video will be loaded for only logged in users ..
Course Students : Video will be loaded for specific course students only .
Selected Users : Video will be loaded for specific users only .
After setting privacy please reload the page to see your newly encrypted video in wordpress media library :
now you can copy the video link and can embed it anywhere using videotube shortcode .
To enable seek lock for this video simply add seek=”0″ in this shortcode .
result of the shortcode :