As we get close to the release of WPLMS 4.0 it is important to define the roadmap for future of WPLMS.
I will list down the most interesting things first of what is coming up and then what can be expected and what are other possibilities :
Coming Up 4.0 :
- Ultra fast loading [ <-- Live --> ]
- Brand new UI [ <-- Live --> ]
- Focus on Mobile browser Support and content creation via tablets/phones. [ <-- Live --> ]
- Major UX changes. [ <-- Live --> ]
- UX change for BuddyPress, new Template pack. [ <-- Live --> ]
- Elementor Profile , Nav Menu for Profile Menu. [ <-- Live --> ]
- Profile System, everything works in profile area. [ <-- Live --> ]
- Use WPLMS with any theme without impacting other areas. [ <-- Live --> ]
- Offline support for web ( no internet, no problem) [ <-- Live --> ]
- Exportable course [ Industry standard, Migrate to Other LMS ] [ COMING SOON ]
- Cacheable Content [ <-- Live --> ]
- Cloudflare Rocket loader support [ <-- Live --> ]
- Front end Content editor built for Online education. [ <-- Live --> ]
- WPLMS Custom Video Player [ <-- Live --> ]
- In-built Chat with online members. [ Firebase ] [ <-- Live --> ]
- Inbuilt Social Login system 11 social logins supported. [ Firebase ] [ <-- Live --> ]
- RealTime notifications [ Firebase ] [ <-- Live --> ]
- Custom JWT login system [ <-- Live --> ]
- User specific Dashboard – user can remove/add/resize widgets in front end. [ <-- Live --> ]
- HelpDesk Addon – convert BBPress into helpdesk [ <-- Live --> ]
- Calendar Addon – all calendars in one place , events, appointments. [ <-- Live --> ]
- Knowledgebase addon – wiki and help addon. [ <-- Live --> ]
- Projects Module – Trello like module.[ COMING SOON ]
Videos releasing soon, I will add the links as they’re released.
Expected Feature set to be available later on:
- New Unit Types: Code Editor, Slides, Video Quiz.
- Video Conferencing Module
- Video Recording capabilities in Units/Assignments/Quizzes,Questions.
- Variable Curriculum : Unlike singular, design a flowchart like curriculum
- Group questions
- Quizzes with Sections
- Timeless Courses – Exportable with inbuilt course editing tools ( no need for LMS, maintainable, timeless courses ).
- Artificial Intelligence in Quizzes , Courses , adapt with learners pace.
- Machine learning based modules like : Image recognition [mljs]
- Virtual Reality content in Units [ React360]
What prompted the shift :
WPLMS is still the most advanced theme and education platform on WordPress. But an aspect of technology is that it is ever evolving it is time for WPLMS for a change. Back when we released WPLMS it was using the stable technologies available at that time. Progressive enhancements in any software can only take you so far but a time comes when there is a need for a paradigm shift.
The WordPress 5.0 released in 6th December 2018, BuddyPress 5.0, September 30, 2019. Both of these changes focus on WordPress as a HeadLess CMS which meant everything in WordPress is possible via API’s and ReactJS became core part of WordPress. These were favourable conditions for WPLMS revival.
During the times of COVID19 , there is no denying that online education has gained more importance than ever. However, there is a dearth affordable LMS solutions in the education industry. Almost all of WordPress based LMS solutions are an anomaly in the online Education sphere. As leading LMS in WordPress we have to compete with LMS systems outside of WordPress as well.
Over the past years, we’ve gained a lot of knowledge, seen thousands of use cases, studied our competition, assessed the requirements of users and know the limitations of technologies. Thus the 4.0 version will bring about a platform on which we can develop further. Our Roadmap would easily explain what all is possible in the new WPLMS.
An affordable LMS solution which meets the technology standards of the time !