Fill in the blank isn't accepting answer

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Fill in the blank isn't accepting answer

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    pacworks
    Spectator
    Hello, I am using a fill in the blank type question. I need students to be able to type the chemical symbols from the Periodic Table of Elements as answers. As an example, the question would look like this "Aluminum: ___________". The answer should be "Al".  However, when "Al" is typed as the answer, it is marked as incorrect, even though I have set "Al" as the correct answer for the question. It seems to be doing this with all 1 and 2 letter answers. Is there a way this can be fixed for fill in the blank type questions?
    Mark Morgan
    Spectator
    Please make sure you're not using any spaces or any special characters with your answer. if not then please share your quiz url and admin credentials with us in a private reply.
    pacworks
    Spectator
    I should have mentioned it in my first post, but I did make sure not to include any spaces or special characters. The odd thing is that I had another fill in the blank type question that needed the ratio "1:4" as an answer. I was almost certain that wouldn't work since I couldn't get fill in the blank type questions to accept Periodic Table abbreviations as answers. However it did work. Just cant get the abbreviations to be accepted. On a side note, I haven't tested this with a quiz yet. I have been trying to get this to work with practice quizzes, which students take before attempting the quiz. I just assumed that if it wouldn't work with a practice quiz, it most likely wouldn't work with a real quiz. I will provide links and credentials in a private reply. Thanks for your help.
    pacworks
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    this seems to be an issue in vibe course module plugin . adding to issue log . will get fixed in the next update of vibe course module plugin .  
    pacworks
    Spectator
    Ok. I will look for the fix in the next update. Thank you for your assistance. You may close this topic, if you wish.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    To fix this on your site please share your valid ftp credentials along with site url and admin credentials . PS : mark reply as private while sharing .
    pacworks
    Spectator
    Mark Morgan
    Spectator
    pacworks
    Spectator
    Thank you for your help. I am still experiencing issues getting this to work. First, this is a bit off topic, but I noticed when I loaded the practice quit in question to test the fixes you provided that some of the answer choices I had inputted in a previous session had actually saved and were there upon loading the page. I could go back a unit and then forward again and the answers stayed. Here is a screenshot showing the saved answers. This is something I inquired about a while ago here: https://wplms.io/support/forums/topic/leaving-unit-requires-you-to-answer-questions-again/. I was told to create a feature request, which I did here: https://wplms.io/support/forums/topic/aility-to-save-practice-quiz-progress/. Is this a feature that is now available? This feature would be really helpful. Back to my original topic, I am still not able to get fill in the blank type questions to accept 1 or 2 letter answers as correct. Here is a screenshot showing answers that should be marked as correct, but are being marked as incorrect. Last, the video your provided definitely showed HTML formatting being accepted in match type answer choices. However, when I attempted this, it didn't work. Here is a screenshot showing how the answer choices loaded in my practice quiz. At first, I thought maybe some of the old Vibe Course Modules files were cached and being loaded instead of the updated one. However, after clearing my WP-Rocket cache, my CloudFlare cache, and my browser cache, I still ended up with the same results. In the video you provided, I noticed that you created the question in the front end. I usually create my questions in the back end because I find it to be quicker with less complications when using custom code. Is it possible that HTML answer choices would work when created in the front end, but not work when created in the back end? Thanks again for your help. Please refer to my 4th post from the top (my first private reply) to view the practice quiz in question.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Remember choices feature is  not available as of now I as far as I know .   for the letters incorrect issue please provide me some time .ping back for remnder .  
    pacworks
    Spectator
    Hi Alex, Thank you for looking further into why I am unable to get 1 and 2 letter answers to be marked as correct in fill in the blank type questions. As for the HTML answer choices, I can create a different topic for that if needed. I don't want to get too far off of the original topic of this thread, but I was referring to the video Mark Morgan provided in his last post. In the video Mark created a quiz and added a match type question to the quiz with HTML answer choices using the front end editor. It worked in the video. I just couldn't get the same results with a practice quiz using the back end editor. It may not be a feature, as you said, but I did want to share my experience in case this was more of a bug than a missing feature.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    pacworks
    Spectator
    Thank you for fixing the problem with the correct answers fill in the blank type questions! It is now working for me. As for the HTML options. You reposted the video I was referring to, which shows HTML working for the answer choices in a quiz. However, this doesn't work for my situation, which is creating questions in the back end for a practice quiz. Please see this video: https://pacworks.com/video/video.mp4.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    yes back end we might have this problem . Provide some time to check this out .
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Fill in the blank isn't accepting answer’ is closed to new replies.