How to update to 2.0?

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Update Issues How to update to 2.0?

Tagged: 

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    BAM
    Participant
    I have leaned in being in IT for over 20 years and working full time online for 15 years. Be careful who you listen to and take advice from. It's not crying @willam it about being professional and taking pride of ownership in your work. Look I will be the first to say WPLMS is a very powerful theme the best there is for LMS for Wordpress and why I picked it because of all the features and functions. However, the only way this becomes sustainable value is if they all continue to work all the time. Anyone that is either trying to build or have live customers can't run a successful business this way. You can't just tell your own customers using your LMS sorry its not working today I will get back with you in a few days or weeks. That is certainly not going work...lol It's now been 1 day 3 hrs from time of my post now since you started this thread and nobody from WPLMS has responded. What does that tell us. It tells this and its no more complicated. Its the weekend. Now give them I am sure they worked hard to get this release done. But where problem came in is releasing on weekend. They worked hard then just pushed things out there and took the weekend off. I'm sorry guys but professional development does not work that way and why being in IT is hard very hard work. A better way may have been to hold back the release until regular working hours. The best way would be when you have a major release like this and work hard to get it done take a bread for a day or two to coordinate utilizing your 4 resources and stagger 24 support for at least a day or two after the release. This is the difference in being good and creating greatness. So you know I have spent hours fixing this stuff over the weekend I planned to do other things. Its not just as simple as restoring a backup. Its also going back and finding all the signups in my lead gen before the restore between the latest backup as well other blog posts and other changes in the site. Then doing restore then manually applying all these differences. I have lost hours and hours of my weekend as a result. More important I looked unprofessional to customer base I am trying to build. Like in Physics for every action there is a reaction. Therefore one must understand the potential reactions. I am somewhat lucky with this project because I am still in the very early start-up phases although I have build other sites with as many as 20K visitors per day and emailing list of 100K plus. If I had a boat load of traffic and customers this would have been even an even more disasters that can create a chain effect of payment cancellations and the surge in charge-backs that can then lead to loss of your payment processor which can then lead to being put out of business. I know the Internet space and I know well. I am no coder but I am an online business man and consultant work with many other project of all sizes. Therefore I asking in the most kind respect way for WPLMS team to Consider what I am suggesting going forward. I know you guys are very happy to have accomplished such a major release but you cannot assume all is going to go well even with beta testing. There are just far to many complex variables including plugin compatibilities you name it. Remember the reason Wordpress is as popular and powerful is because of its ability to accommodate many open source and paid plug and play products. Without being able to accomplish that we are then back to the old days of picking best fit product and custom code everything else.
    BAM
    Participant
    Anyone having problems with this update and others may want to think about creating a staging area to help prevent such problems in the future before updating theme and plugins. I created this post today with some research I done. Simply not worth the risk doing this again. I spent far to much time this weekend trying to dig out of the mess. https://wplms.io/support/forums/topic/how-to-create-wp-staging-environment/
    miltok
    Participant
    so.... what do i do to update to 2.0?
    sandy
    @miltok: Change log (last updated on 22 Jan'16) : https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/2-0/ How to update : https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/auto-updating-wplms/
    mergulhadorpro
    Spectator
    Hi I followed the tutorial in https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/auto-updating-wplms/, updated plugins, but the theme of the update did not appear. http://prntscr.com/9un48a How do I update the theme? Thank you!
    AppTractor
    Spectator
    Hi Same thing - can't update, no any options like at screenshot from mergulhadorpro.
    haider717
    Spectator
    Mine showing up, Go to WPLMS Click on  getting started> On the right side scroll down, Use your theme forest username and API key. Click on save changes, Go to Dashboard>updates, Click Check Again (If you don,t see it, Refresh click on check again) Same thing for plugins > Click on check again. Also when your done make sure go to permalinks and select right options MY question to the team, What is the best way to update child theme modern 2.0 ? I know its in the package but do we go to FTP rename old one and just upload modern 2.0 or is there better way ? Thanks, Dani  
    sandy
    @ mergulhadorpro, @Apptracker : Click on check again button in WP Admin - Dashboard - Updates section. You may have to click it more than once to see the updates. @haider717 : Unfortunately, for updating the child themes, you'll have to manually upload and replace the folder via FTP.
    mergulhadorpro
    Spectator
    I clicked several times. Today I tried again several times, but the theme update does not appear. I confirmed my ThemeForest user and API Key. Everything is ok. http://prntscr.com/9uzvh9
    salesforcepak
    Spectator
    i have some problems using wplms 2.0 1. Profile layout not working properly. Name moves up even the main menu, like css is messed up. 2. directory layout and other layouts doesn't do anything. doesn't show as mentioned in layouts inshort no changes. 3. Major problem is yoast not feeding builder layout still. i think u mentioned that with wplms 2 yoast problem will be solved. 4. all plugins and themes are updated even child modern theme except co-author and customizer . Thanks  
    maralvic
    Spectator
    Any news?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Hi @mergulhadorpro , In that case you can updtae the theme manually . Please refer : https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/manually-updating-wplms/ Hi @salesforcepak, 1. Unable to replicate ,Make sure that you all the themes and plugin are updated to latest version 2.0 . New modern theme is present in the wplms package  . 2. The layout and header functions will not work wiht the modern theme . This will only  work with the default theme . 3. This is an issue as of now ,we are working on it . 4. Please check after clearing your browser and server side caching .
    djaef
    Participant
    How on Earth do you update this theme?? I have auto update turned on, but it won't let me update. The more I play with this theme, the more I think I've wasted my money. I couldn't log on to support, the theme won't update, the plugins won't update, nothing but issues... Geoff
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Make sure that your themeforst  username and buyer api key is correct that you have provided in wp-admin -> wplms -> getting started . refer : https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/how-to-find-buyer-api-key-in-themeforest/ If it is correct then and still you are not getting any updates then please share your username and buyer api key here in private reply for us to check .
Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • The topic ‘How to update to 2.0?’ is closed to new replies.