Importing questions

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues Importing questions

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Alex, I've been on this issue with you for 2 months.  It is not resolved. I've followed all the steps you've recommended and had endless problems with things that were not in the documentation up front. This morning I've tried two browsers and it's the same results, no file downloads. If you can not help me get this resolved by the end of the week please tell me how I can get my money back. I am very, very unhappy and this has been a complete waste of my time. I deal with importing and exporting csv files to and from databases all the time - this is by far the most trouble I've ever had and since I've dealt with this on many different systems (Salesforce, PLEX, ACT!, SQL Server, etc.) I have a very hard time believing I'm the problem here. August 29th 2016 to November 5 2016 and I still can't import questions.  Not to mention the close to 40 hours I have in getting the data in a format for this LMS that it wants. Let's say half of that time is waiting for me.  1 whole month. I'm willing to give this one more week and after that I'm cutting my losses. Drew    
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well that is because this topic is not created by you . only the user who created the topic and vibethemes staff can see the private replies on a topic . I understand its been a long time but from then we have resolved many issues with the import and export and this is completely new issue that you are facing . I have a video of your site in which I was able to export without any problem . can you please create your own topic so that you can see my private replies . I have just mailed you the link of that video on the email that you have provided here .
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Okay I have added the fix in your site .You can now check the import with questions having commas . Also this fix will be included in the next update of vibe customtypes plugin . track : https://trello.com/c/a6FOVbls
    Alex, Thank you! Just to be clear, will I be able to upload units, quizzes, and courses that have commas in them or is this going to be an issue too? Can I import them with commas if I use the " ' " symbol? Thank you, Drew
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well I guess there will be no issues with this change . But on safe side you can test the upload first .
    Alex, I've tried to upload this morning and am still not able to upload questions with commas. Can you please do your screencast-o-matic and show me how to get this to work? Here's my sample data since I can't upload files, this is for a 'Question' upload: post_title, "AAAA, Question Type, 今日は" post_content, "This is a sample question content,今日は" vibe_question_type, "single" vibe_question_options,  "'Google,今日は'|Apple,今日は'|'Microsoft,今日は'|'eBay,今日は'" vibe_question_answer, 2 Thank you, Drew
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Yep ypou are right that is not importing the options at all . We need to check this again .Please give us some time .Will be fixing this soon . track : https://trello.com/c/a6FOVbls
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
      @drew : Thanks for sharing the information. Working on it.. will share my findings very soon on this topic...   p.s : It would be really appreciated if you can create your own topics for faster resolution of the issues faced by you.   
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    Resolved. It was a very very minor issue.   The import worked with this sample file : download I have made the changes in your site and tested this file in your setup as well. Please it is a very sincere request to create your own topics for own support issues, which really helps us in resolving the issues faster.
Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • The topic ‘Importing questions’ is closed to new replies.