Invite Applications adon

Home Forums WPLMS AddOns WPLMS Batches Invite Applications adon

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    jonllewellyn80
    Participant
    Hi, I am using the invite application add-on to capture information I want from students so admin can create specific 'batches'. This is the only solution I have found for this purpose, it is to help me create batches for students. If there is a better way to put a form in at the register/pay for course step please let me know. Otherwise for invite application add-on, these are my thoughts and questions a. When the invite applications is 'on' from price section of course edit, the price is not showing on the course. How can this be fixed? http://prntscr.com/o7bh61 b. How do you remove the requirement of activating the account? So when an account is created it automatically activates, and then goes back to the course page the person was trying to enrol in? http://prntscr.com/o7biti I don't want it needing to be activated here http://prntscr.com/o7bl34 c. You can see below the information I am trying to capture from the student so I can create the batch http://prntscr.com/o7bmhx Once the student provides the information, as below http://prntscr.com/o7bnzw they have to wait for admin to approve the course, can this be automated so that every time this form is completed it automatically approves and goes to 'start course' http://prntscr.com/o7bov6 d. The issue here is that once the course is approved it goes straight to 'start course', meaning the course has not been purchased http://prntscr.com/o7brlx As most of these steps already occur in the course enrol and purchase menu it makes sense that the below process completes here too. The process I am looking for is; customer clicks on course to register (at this point they can see how much the course is), they create an account, they would then purchase the course, they would complete the invitation to apply (complete the form), and once the batch had been created they would be able to JOIN the batch (or symposium as I refer to them) Thanks heaps Cheers Jon
    Mk
    Currently, it's not available. But, If you want we can achieve your modal.
    • We will add product URL on take this course button, which will give a user access to purchase the course.
    • when they complete the purchase, take this course button will be changed to apply for the course.
    • it will take them to course form, which will be manually approved by an admin or will be automatically approved.
    • now apply for course button will be changed to start course.

We can do this but it will require a lot of coding. and it will come under paid customization.  
    jonllewellyn80
    Participant
    Hi Mk, thank you for replying, can you please advise of cost so I can consider whether it is worthwhile. Thank you Cheers Jon
    Mk
    We will have to write a different plugin for this. It will over wright vibe course module's and custom type's functionality. As it will require lots of coding and time. It will cost 59 $. Let us know if you are interested.  
    lorna b
    Participant
    Hi We are looking for something similar. Being able to apply for a course then once approved purchase the course.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well we are thinking of opposite . First users would purchase the course and then they can fill up the course application form and apply for course , then instructor will decide whether to take in the user or not.  
    lorna b
    Participant
    OK I dont get the reasoning for doing it that way round. I would not be happy purchasing something then being told I cannot do it and then having to refund. I though it would be easier to check applications first then the ones who are accepted then purchase.
    jonllewellyn80
    Participant
    The purpose for requesting this was that I am using the 'apply' function as currently used in the invite applications add-on, but it hides the purchase price of the course. My business model is a little different, in that I want people to buy the course, and then 'apply' to a workshop/symposium (I use batches for this). If there is an existing symposium they want to join, then they join this one, but if there isn't one, then they need to complete a form that will be in the same area of the site as the 'take this course' button. Process is: Take this course > Register Symposium (this is the apply course step) > Start Course (I would need the apply course button to change to 'Register Symposium')
    • as soon as the student JOINS a 'symposium/batch' associated with the course, the course button changes to Start Course. This is the same process that is currently in place with batches attached to course and how the course button works.
    The symposium is effectively a 'batch' as the Vibe team have renamed this function for me. So before the student can start the course they need to have joined a 'batch' either an existing one, or the one admin creates for them from the form they have completed. Once they have joined a symposium/batch they can start the course. I'm trying to limit admin involvement in the registering process as the students have already been prequalified based on profession/career. However, the way batches work is that they can only be created by an instructor or admin, so I have to be involved in this step. Having the student already purchase the course demonstrates they are committed to the study. Mk - just confirming as I have outlined above is in line with your fix for the model. The only difference I can see is that I have specified a change of text from 'apply' to 'Register Symposium'. Thanks Cheers Jon
    Mk
    okay we can do this also . First it will show apply for course button , if approved then it will show option to by , if rejected it will again show the apply for course button to the user . Cost would be again $59 . We will also have to restrict the user to purchase the course product with this as well .  
    jonllewellyn80
    Participant
    Hi MK, I don't think that's right, what you said first is closer to the option. Dot points are from your earlier reply on fix: We will add product URL on take this course button, which will give a user access to purchase the course. - this would show the price for the course. They would clock take the course, then buy when they complete the purchase, take this course button will be changed to apply for the course. - now purchased, button changes to Register Symposium (instead of apply for the course) it will take them to course form, which will be manually approved by an admin or will be automatically approved. - admin would create 'batch/symposium' now apply for course button will be changed to start course. - it would then change to Join Symposium, as they would need to assign to a batch/symposium before they can start the course. When they have joined a symposium/batch the course button will change to start course Button step/changes Take this course > Register symposium > Join symposium > Start course Cheers Jon
    Mk
    Okay just confirming : First, it will show Take this course button with a link to purchase the course and then they will see apply for course(Register symposium) button, where they can fill up the course application form and apply for course, then the instructor will decide whether to take in the user or not. The Join symposium > Start course part already handled by batches plugin. just enable the " Students must be enrolled in a Batch to pursue this course " in course settings.   If agreed then please proceed to pay on [email protected] for $59 on paypal.
    jonllewellyn80
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Mk
    Ok, we will check it and start working on your customization. thank You.
    jonllewellyn80
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Mk
    Sure, We are working on it and trying to deliver it to you as soon as possible.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 69 total)
  • The topic ‘Invite Applications adon’ is closed to new replies.