New Request: Course & Unit Timer

Home Forums Chit Chat WPLMS customizations New Request: Course & Unit Timer

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    epiphanicrafts
    Spectator
    Hi, Previously emailed [email protected] for this issue, posting this request here now for follow up. Concept: To ensure students did actually watch the full entire unit’s content. Students have to meet the minimum time to complete the course. Required:
    1. A timer, on each individual unit to ensure students watch the entire video based on its video length (be it instructor have to key in the time manually on the unit setting to match the video’s length or the add-on will automatically grab the video’s length.). If the timer is 10 minutes, and has not expired, students are not able to proceed to next unit even if unit locking is off, so basically he can’t click the complete this unit until the timer is expired). The timer can be display beside the ‘mark this unit’ button. *Please note that some unit’s content has no length, such as .pdf content, thus there must be a setting for instructor to input the timer manually.
    2. Overall timer, which is display at the individual course page, in the information box under the start this course button. Basically this timer display the overall time spend on this course by that particular student, lets say we got 2 unit, each 10 minutes, he complete the first 1 which is 10 minutes, but the second unit is stopped at 5 minutes mark and student closed the webpage, thus the time will reflect 15 minutes for this user.
    3. Dashboard, ideally, if all these information can be shown at the dashboard -> my courses page too. Indicating the time spent for each individual course.
    4. Statistic for Admin: To generate a statistic report for each students that can prove that that user spend the required amount of time on that course.
    Timeline: As this is highly urgent, it would be the best if i can integrate this by early next week, probably on 1 Feb. Sorry for the rush. Disclaimer: I understand and accepted for vibethemes to hold the rights on this request. This plugin need not to be restricted solely to me after completion of work. Links provided below are from forum user: a4da. Thanks for the prompt response on your email. I shall look forward to your reply. Additional note: this request is similar to a request from another user previously. Link: https://wplms.io/support/forums/topic/need-a-course-timer-plug-in-that-works-with-wplms/ Link: https://www.uncannyowl.com/knowledge-base/simple-course-timer/#MinimumCourse_Time_Before_Quiz Link: https://www.uncannyowl.com/knowledge-base/simple-course-timer/#Live_Demo The request is not a countdown timer, to re-emphasize Regards Jason
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    This reply has been marked as private.
    epiphanicrafts
    Spectator
    Hi, Point 1 -> yes i need it to show somewhere in the unit's content, prior to previous conversation, which i indicated to place it next to the 'mark this unit complete' button, can you place it on the top right, if I'm not wrong theres some information over there by default. Point 2-> sorry got little experience on coding, but why would not recommend? just for knowledge purpose, nevertheless, i still need it. Thanks Point 3-> proceed. Thanks Point 4-> proceed. Thanks Everything else is acceptable, including price.   Thanks, once the amount is paid, i will update here and email you again. Thanks again for the prompt response.
    epiphanicrafts
    Spectator
    Hi, Please refer to email, thanks.   Regards Jason
    epiphanicrafts
    Spectator
    Hi, Is there any update if the work has been started? Thanks   Regards Jason
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    Not yet. Today is a support holiday, so we'll start work on this tomorrow. I will keep you posted here.   Regarding point 2. PHP - Ajax based systems for tracking user "live" status  is an overkill and would most certainly trigger an over usage of resources unless you make a compromise with its accuracy. It is similar to building a chat system on PHP - ajax based systems, it is a very old discussion and you can easily get plethora of information about this, in short we now have way better technologies than PHP for handling realtime tracking. Further read : http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7112177/discussion-efficient-real-time-chat-application-in-php
    epiphanicrafts
    Spectator
    Hi, Is there any update? Based on your comment on point 2, would you have any chance to implement the 'better technology' on this feature i requested? Thanks, look forward to your reply!  
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    Not yet. We've started the work. Hopefully it will be finished today.
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    1. Part 1 is ready. 2. Part 2 is ready. 3. Remaining 4. Remaining. We're releasing an update tomorrow, so things are a bit delayed. But hopefully we'll be able to give you the plugin by day after. Let me know if you need it urgently to test 1 and 2.
    epiphanicrafts
    Spectator
    Hey, Sorry didnt realize i didnt not submit a reply after typing. Thanks for the updated, its okay, lets wait for the full thing to be complete. Hope to hear from you soon!   Regards Jason
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi your custom plugin is ready...
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Moving this topic to wplms customization forum.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • The topic ‘New Request: Course & Unit Timer’ is closed to new replies.