Page Builder WP Editor Not Saving

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Page Builder WP Editor Not Saving

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    IR123
    Participant
    Hey Alex ! :-D I gave the wrong website access !!  Oups, my bad ! :-\ Here are the good ones : http://www.ianrenaud.com/lva/wp-admin User : Ian Pass : ian123 Thanks for the help ! :-D
    Jasper
    Spectator
    <span style="color: #4b4d4d; font-family: Lato; font-size: 14px; line-height: 22px;">Hello Vibe Team !</span> I ve updated the theme and plugins...still the same problem theme version 1.9.9.1 wordpress version 4.3.1 childtheme WPLMS white the Visual tab in the pagebuilder is missing... pls guide... thanks!
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Hi IR123 we checked your site abn found that your server is returning the 404 page not found error and this does not letting the ajax call complete  . refer : http://prntscr.com/8xcimj Please contact you webhost to resolve this  .
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Hi coursee , i guess we have fixed the issue ,by enabling and then disabling the visual editor from the wp-admin ->users ->your profile settings  .
    Jasper
    Spectator
    thank you guys ! you are all really great :)
    ulyssesw
    Spectator
    Hi all, Not sure if this helps. I encountered the same issue before. Input some columns and content into an existing page, click save, but it returns to blank after that. I deleted the page and created a new page. After which everything work fine. Regards.
    RecTherapyCEUs
    Participant
    Hey Admin, I was the original poster in this forum and I am still awaiting your assistance with the page builder issue. I have already submitted log info for admin privileges. Please respond. Thanks, Nathan
    sandy
    Here's the tip to fix the issue: https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/page-builder-not-saving/ Let us know if this helps.
    IR123
    Participant
    Hello ! I tried the new approach as described in the post... I followed it to the letter -- three times !! Nothing works...   This is getting annoying...   Let me know when it is fixed so I can use your theme for my site.   I appreciate your time on this issue. All the best ! :-D Ian
    IR123
    Participant
    Me again ! :-D To be precise, the page saves but as soon as I add something with the PageBuilder, it still does not save the addition and loads continuously. Ian
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster

Thanks for the credentials, it seems the issue is intermittent. It appears sometimes and sometimes it works fine, which confirms this is not a bug/issue in the theme.

We have been able to narrow down the bug to the following :

a. The page builder makes a ajax call via admin-ajax.php to save the content of the page .

b. Sometimes the admin-ajax.php returns a 404, refer screenshot.

admin-ajax.php is a core file or WordPress.

Please consult your web host in the issue.

Also try checking the following topic in WordPress.org : https://wordpress.org/support/topic/admin-ajaxphp-404-error-after-update-to-402

IR123
    Participant
    Hello Alex ! :-D I have searched far and wide for a fix to the admin-ajax.php but alas found nothing.... Since the Visual Composer works fine, is it possible to have the One Course template in this format ? Thanks in advance ! Ian
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Yes sure you can use the one course child theme and can build pages with visual composer .
    IR123
    Participant
    Hello Alex ! :-) What I meant is that since the Visual Composer is working properly, can I have the One Course child theme built in VC format instead of recreating every page built in Page Builder ? WPLMS is a great theme but if I can't get it to work -- you and my webhost are telling me it's the other side's responsibility -- I will have to use another theme since my project has been on hold for a month because of this issue. If all else fail, is it possible to have a refund ? Thanks for your help, I appreciate. Ian P.S.: I made this comment private to not make it a big deal on the forum.
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    I checked your site and the Visual composer is not working in WP Admin area as well, it does not even activate the backend editor, refer video : The surprising part is that while the "GET" part is working via admin-ajax.php, the "POST" part is showing a 404 error. Now it is imperative to understand that admin-ajax.php is a core WordPress file, we can not alter it even if we want to. If it is a "bug" in the code, then the code base is same for all 8000+ users including us and it should be replicable on our systems as well. Since we're unable to replicate this issue it means the only variable which can cause this issue is the Server or web host. Based on our previous experience, we've seen a variety of server settings which can possibly cause this, most likely your server security settings (configured by your web host) may be restricting posting of html content in a XHR (ajax) call from wp admin interface and there by restricting    
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • The topic ‘Page Builder WP Editor Not Saving’ is closed to new replies.