Problem with Subscriptions part 2

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Problem with Subscriptions part 2

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well when user purcahsed the 365 days subscription these 365 days will be added for all three courses in his account .We save expiry date of user for each course . What is happening now that the user will be removed from all three courses if she cancels the 365 days subscription which should not happen .User should have access to course A as she was already in it . now challenge here is while the subscription is being cancelled user is active in all three courses so we cant check one particular course A if the user was in it or not .   what we are proposing is simply subtracting the subscription duration of 365 days from all three courses for the user which would be ideal case instead of removing the user from completely ?
    LuizBra
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Mk
    Let us check what can we do, I will get back to you as soon as possible. thank you.
    LuizBra
    Participant
    Thanks MK!
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    It is simple there is no simpler way to check if the user was already in a course before . and believe me subtracting back the subscription duration from all the courses instead of removing the user from the course completely will resolve your issue . suppose a user already purchased full course A for 365 days . Now after a month she purchases subscription plan for courses A,B,C for a month . Now what our system does is that it will add these 30 days for all the courses A,B and C . For course A it wil add extra 30 days to users already ongoing subscription in course A . So we are suggesting if after 15 days user cancels his 30 days subscription then we will subtract reamining 15 days from all the courses which will expire the courses B and C for the user and for course A user's subscription will keep on from his original left subscription of 365  days.  
    LuizBra
    Participant
    Hi Alex, Sorry I think your example is different from ours:
    Let's have a user have an access to "Course A" for 35 days. Now a user decided to buy a subscription for bundle "Course A + Course B + Course C" for 365 days. So she starts a purchase for the subscription. The status of an order is "Pending" at first and she still have an access to a "Course A". Now once the status of the subscription order is changing from "Pending" to "Cancelled" she automatically lose an access to the "Course A".
    This was our case. Could you please explain how your idea would work in our case? If the subscription order is cancelled automatically she still should have an access to course A.  
    LuizBra
    Participant
    Also I have second case that I want to discuss. Do you know when a user pay for the subscription and then cancel her subscription she would have pending-cancellation status at first? more about this here So a user suppose to have an access to all courses until the order status would change to cancelled. For example user buys 3 courses for 365 days. On the day 10 she cancels a subscription. And she suppose to have an access to 3 courses for the next 355 days. Would this scenario still work if we implement the changes that you suggest?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    1st course : in this case when subscription changed from pending to cancelled .We will subtract the 365 that were alloted to the user when she begins purchasing the subscription.This is where im in doubt and want to ask if the 365 days duration added for each course even when user has not completed the payment ?or it waits for the order to be completed .the solution would depend on this .If system does not allots user these 365 days then we can simply put your check as you suggested , if user already has access to the course then we wont remove him . IF subscription 365 days duration is added to the user then we will have to simply subtract it from each course     2nd case : yes it would work according to woocommerce subscription status.If the subscription has a pre-paid term that has not been provided yet, the subscription will be assigned the Pending Cancellation status. In this , this will be handled automatically once admin changes user's subscription to cancelled she will loose the duration of days 365 days - 10 days (which are passed)  = 355 days duration will be subsctracted from all courses for her .
    LuizBra
    Participant
    Hi Alex, thanks a lot for trying to help me. I really appreciate that!
    This is where im in doubt and want to ask if the 365 days duration added for each course even when user has not completed the payment ?or it waits for the order to be completed
    It waits for the order to be completed
    2nd case : yes it would work according to woocommerce subscription status.If the subscription has a pre-paid term that has not been provided yet, the subscription will be assigned the Pending Cancellation status. In this , this will be handled automatically once admin changes user's subscription to cancelled she will loose the duration of days 365 days - 10 days (which are passed) = 355 days duration will be subsctracted from all courses for her .
    Perfect. This is how we need it
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well as it waits for the order to be completed then we can simply put a check if user have any active subscription on the course then we do not reduce the duration from the user's account as it was not added in first place .   Please share your valid ftp credentials and admin credentials to make these respective changes in your setup  .            
    LuizBra
    Participant
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    LuizBra
    Participant
    Hi Alex, Thank you very much! Could you please reupload the file? I was on vacation and did not have a chance to download it
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    LuizBra
    Participant
    Wow Alex, after many months of trying to fix the issue it seems that it works! Thank you very much for the solution :) I'll test this in the future but in the meantime it seems that it works without any heavy queries !
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 76 total)
  • The topic ‘Problem with Subscriptions part 2’ is closed to new replies.