Retake a Course from the Start again for a charge

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Retake a Course from the Start again for a charge

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    OnholdStudio
    Participant
    WPLMS is working for most of our needs, except for one aspect. As it stands now when you finish and course, on the course page you see "Course Finished". This button doesn't do anything, and I read that the retake button is missing at the moment (and will be fixed soon). After you've finished the course you can't access it's content again. This is fine and how I need this to work. You can go to the product associated with the course and pay again to regain access to the course materials, but when you go back to the course, instead of being able to start the course again you only get the option to "Continue Course" giving you access to the units, but the quizzes are already finished. I need students to be able to pay for the course, and start again from scratch, not continue the previous course. Somebody with a question similar to mine posted here: https://wplms.io/support/forums/topic/after-course-is-finished-allow-start-course-or-retake-button-via-charge/ I have the same needs, but you only suggested he buys the woocommerce plugin. I have purchased this plugin but still can't get it to work how I need. To make it very clear, this is the process I need the students to follow.
    1. They pay for the course - 2. They go through a unit - 3. They take a quiz - Finished:
    If they pass - They get a certificate, and access to the course is removed. If they fail - Access to the course is removed - They can purchase the course again and go back to step 2, going through the unit as if they have never seen it before, and taking the quiz again fresh. If they pass - They get a certificate, and access to the course is removed. If they fail - Access to the course is removed - They can purchase the course again, and so on, and so on. Is this possible with WPLMS and WPLMS Woocommerce? I hope that makes sense.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    The above tip will reset the course for the user when the course is finished .
    OnholdStudio
    Participant
    Hi Alex, That has worked alright, after buying the product again the course starts from the begining. However, is there any way to change the buttons on the course that read "Course Finished" and "Continue Course" still the second time to link to the product, and read "Start Course" again - I don't want my students to get confused.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    OnholdStudio
    Participant
    Good to know you can translate the language files for that. However at the moment clicking the 'Course Finished' button doesn't do anything. If I change the text by translating, how can I make the button a functional link to the product so they can buy the course again?
    OnholdStudio
    Participant
    I have also encountered an issue. When viewing the course now after the weekend, it says "Course Expired, Click to Renew" - This button takes you to the product page, however once you've gone through checkout, the course still says "Course Expired, Click to Renew", taking them in an endless loop.
    OnholdStudio
    Participant
    I've gotten past the "Course Expired, Click to Renew", but now the course is only resetting the unit part of the course, the quiz is still automatically completed. Is the code I installed previously not functioning correctly?
    OnholdStudio
    Participant
    Ok, it actually does seem to be working fine. I'm not sure if it glitched, or if it isn't constantly working. I guess my question still goes back to: <span style="color: #4b4d4d; font-family: Lato; font-size: 14px; line-height: 22px;">However at the moment clicking the 'Course Finished' button doesn't do anything. If I change the text by translating, how can I make the button a functional link to the product so they can buy the course again?</span>
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Okay for this you can enable the " Finished Course Access " -> yes from wp-admin -> wplms -> course manager . refer : http://prntscr.com/ajvoe9
    OnholdStudio
    Participant
    That doesn't quite work as I need it to, as this gives users access to the course after they have finished, without having to pay again. I was hoping I could link the 'Course Finished' button to the PRODUCT (Not the course again, which is what 'finished course access' does)  for ease, but it seems apparent this isn't easily possible.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Ok i have trick that will work for your . We will forcefully expire the course for the user when she finishes the course . and then the course will show " COurse expired  " label and it will link to product page . For this please add the given code in your wplms-customizer.php at the end before " ?> " file in wplms customizer plugin . add_action('wplms_evaluate_course','expire_on_finish',99,3);  function expire_on_finish($course_id,$marks,$user_id){   update_user_meta($user_id,$course_id,time()); }  
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Retake a Course from the Start again for a charge’ is closed to new replies.