URGENT: Quiz results are not Auto-Evaluated nor Random

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting URGENT: Quiz results are not Auto-Evaluated nor Random

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    rarego
    Spectator
    Thanks but I still have the same issue... (I would swear I had given 1 point to each question from back-end, but have my doubts now) You'll see, I take the quiz directly without having to take the course (I'm only interested in the quiz for now)... So, as described in another forum request, I created a private course specifically for the quiz (just so I can manage users, reset quiz...) but I give students directly the link to the quiz, not to the course. Then they can take the quiz but questions are not random and results are not graded correctly. Any suggestions? I'll include links privately now. thanks.      
    rarego
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    rarego
    Spectator
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    rarego
    Spectator
    Hi, Ok, I deleted the user and created a new one and the auto-evaluation worked. But I still have some questions / troubles : 1) Why did that happen and I had to re-create the user? Will that happen again with other users? I don't mind deleting now 1 user but it could be a serious trouble once I have hundreds of users. 2) About the randomness: I don't want students to be able to retake the exam. What I need is a different order of questions every time a student takes the quiz for the first and only time, just so students can not exchange answers (i.e: 1-b, 2-a...) among them. And anyway, even when I created a retake, the questions order was the same.   Thanks for your help.  
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    1) No it won't happen again, I am not sure why it happened with this user as I was unable to replicate the issue with other users. 2) I guess you should try using the dynamic quizzes version 2, because it has flexibility when it comes to randomness. You can create different questions with question tags and then you can show different questions also to different users randomly. Please refer the tutorial: https://vibethemes.com/documentation/wplms/knowledge-base/wplms-dynamic-quizzes-version-2/
    rarego
    Spectator
    Thanks for you quick reply, Unfortunately, I still can not achieve random questions order in a quiz, no matter if I use dynamic quizzes or not. Also marking "Randomize Quiz Questions" does not make any difference. You can try yourself using previously shared credentials in case I'm doing something wrong. Your help is much appreciated.      
    rarego
    Spectator
    rarego
    Spectator
    Hello again, We would appreciate if you could support the topic with less than 24 hours between replies. This projects implies a whole department in an international company, we paid for your product and support and we can not waste more time arms-crossed waiting for a single answer every 24 hours that does not fix the topic that we started almost a week ago as "Urgent". Please, we are totally depending on your replies to move on, if there's no solution during 24h that means 24h that stop us from continue with the project with tied-hands. 1) We still don't understand the "Randomize Quiz Questions" button if that option is only possible with Dynamic quizzes which are already random. 2) What you said that would not happen again is actually happening. Admin users can take the dynamic quiz with random questions but it does not work for student users. 3)Deleting the student user and creating it again doesn't sound like a stable solution since that happened already before, there must be a reason for the problem.   You have admin/student credentials to the site. Feel free to create more users if you need to. Please check it yourself since we don't know what else to try and are already a few weeks behind on schedule for this project and since December 2016 when we bought WPLMS, we haven't been able to make the site work properly.   Please support. Thanks.  
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    You want the random questions without retaking the quiz which is possible in dynamic quizzes only. The questions are randomised in static quiz when the user clicks on retake quiz button. ----------------- The auto evaluate quiz works fine when I check your website and its not like the code executes differently each time, it always executes the same code each time a user takes a quiz. The issue here might be with the settings or the steps of taking the quiz. Please share a student credentials also who is facing this issue and I can create a video with that student to show  how the quiz works. Also let me know if you want me to create a new dynamic quiz in your website to show how it works or take the quiz created by you. ------------- PS: The delay in the response is because of the time gap and the work load, I'll try my best to reply you first tomorrow.
    rarego
    Spectator
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    4. Yes that is correct. 5. Yes that is the expected behavior and it is correct. Here's what has happened :
    • Student opened the quiz.
    • She sees 4 questions, at this point the question list is set for the user.
    • Now Administrator adds more questions to the quiz.
    • So the number of questions updates in the back end but for the "student" she'll still see 4 questions.
    It is very important to fix the number of questions for the user as we do not regenerate the question set for the user again, unless the quiz is reset to re-taken by the user. So if at a later stage you add more questions to the quiz, the users who have already attempted the quiz would not be affected by the new questions as their question set is already fixed when they opened the quiz.
    rarego
    Spectator
    Thanks for your explanation, Nevertheless, I still do not have a solution. I will have quizzes which questions will be updated or changed very frequently and the student will have to retake the quiz ("recycling test") ... What should we do then for a student to see the new questions added? 1) Should we delete the quiz and make it again with same name? (not very convenient) 2) Is there a way to reset the quiz without having to set it to "retake"? (even if manually: code, file deletion... ) We don't want the student to be able to "retake" the quiz, but to take it only "once" when they need to take it again (considering the new/updated questions).   Please do not reply tomorrow if possible.   Thanks for your support    
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    The questions are generated once the student starts the quiz. If the student has taken the quiz and after this you add more questions in the quiz then the student can see new questions in 2 cases only.
    • The quiz is set to retake, and the student clicks on retake button, then she'll see the new questions when she again starts the quiz.
    • The quiz is not set to retake, but the admin/instructor of the course reset the quiz for the student, then also the student will see the new set of questions when she again starts the quiz.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • The topic ‘URGENT: Quiz results are not Auto-Evaluated nor Random’ is closed to new replies.