Course is expired status problem

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Course is expired status problem

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    LuizBra
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    LuizBra
    Participant
    LuizBra
    Participant
    LuizBra
    Participant
    So I turn on the option "Caching for the logged in users" and everything back to normal. No more problems with the access for new customers. Could you please think why some of the users lose their access during moving from one module to another?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well actually I do not know how that happened .Previously i suspected that there was some other third party plugin from other site in your setup or current site may be altering the access value . Second use case was a Mr. Vibe explained in previous reply which was in the case when there are more than one order for the same course and you cancel any one of them after completing the other .Cancelling the order will Revoke the access of the user in the course . Also we always recommends to disable page or browser cache for all  logged in users .    
    LuizBra
    Participant
    Thank you for the reply, Once I disable the cache for logged in users - I had different problems that I've describe. So I turn this option on - I have 1 type of problems. When I turn it off I have different types of problems. If you suggest to turn this option off then please investigate why some of the students lose an access from the beginning. Because I have a new case like this. A student lost an access because she started a transaction before. Then paid. Then lost an access because of unfinished transaction.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Okay can you please check if that order was refunded or cancelled becoz the access to the course is revoked  when the order of the user is cancelled or refunded . So you need to make sure that user do not order for the same course and this order does not gets cancelled or refunded . You just need to simply delete such orders .
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    Can you share the user name of the student which we can check on your site to check the issue. When you disable the cache then we can safely check the issues and confirm them, so it is safe to disable caching. Also, the previous case of I investigated on your site is something which does not happen often because as soon as the user purchase is finished she would not purchase the course again as she does not get the option to purchase the course again. p.s : As quick fix the theme has all the controls using which you can give access to your students. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GW_5rKKn1Us
    LuizBra
    Participant
    @Alex I don't really know if the orders where cancelled. I haven't done this. If WooCommerce does this automatically, then maybe...You could check this in the WooCommerce. I didn't mark any orders as cancelled. @Mr.Vibe Please have a look at this thread. I've shared several credentials of users. If you need to disable something in the WP Rocket - please do it :) But don't forget to bring settings back if I can use them in the future... "Also, the previous case of I investigated on your site is something which does not happen often because as soon as the user purchase is finished she would not purchase the course again as she does not get the option to purchase the course again." Well I don't know why but users sometimes confused, they didn't complete a purchase and start a new order. Then they complete it and have a problem. Maybe that's explain why only some of the users have problems. "p.s : As quick fix the theme has all the controls using which you can give access to your students. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GW_5rKKn1Us" Yes buy I can't control 24 / 7  what happens on the website. For now I think this problem with multiple orders is the way to solve problems on my website.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    LuizBra
    Participant
    I'm not sure that I get it. Many visitors start their transaction, but didn't complete it for a reason (they might look for a coupon). They might find a coupon - start a new transaction - complete it and start the course. After that they lose an access because of the first incomplete transaction. That's a theme problem as Mr.Vibe said. Are you going to fix this?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    No the transaction that is made in the last will affect the user's subscription in course . It the last order made by the user gets failed then she will loose the access . If the last order made by the user is successfully completed then course will not get expire . I have already tested this at your site . I added myself as user "alexwplmssupport" in your course since this topic was sarted and now it is  and you can check my remaining time in the course admin .It is still 9987 days . check screenshot that is taken today in private reply . So this maybe connected to the caching or the users have placed a failed order again . Please ask your users to check the button on course home (home page of you website )after ordering .
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    LuizBra
    Participant
    Hi Alex, thank you for the reply, mr.Vibe said that it could be a theme problem and I agree. I've noticed that there are 2 cases: 1) A person starts a transaction - didn't complete it. And she has 1 hour to complete this order otherwise it will be mark as cancelled. In 30 minutes she starts a new transaction (because she finally found a coupon or managed how to implement unit). She then complete an order and starts the course. However since she started an unsuccessful order 60 minutes ago this order marks as cancelled and she finally loose an access to the course even after the payment. 2) A student pays for the course. She comes back to the website 3-4 weeks later from the new device therfore she doesn't login. And she doesn't remember that she needs to login on the website. So she clicks on the "go to course" button and she comes to the payment page insted of "course-status". She confused and she logins on the payment page. Therefore she starts a new order and eventually lose an access to the course because of this. ---------- The reason that you doesn't lose an access because you haven't started a new order yet. If you will do that then you will use the access as some of my students. --------- Do you have news on the task in Trello?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    So the issue basically relies in the woocommerce and payment gateway integration . It is automatically marking the order as failed as you mentioned which is causing the issue with the access to the course . So this can be resolved by stopping the payment gateway from making call to make order as failed .For that you need to contact the payment gateway support or their plugin author or support . This will resolve you issue with course access in both the cases .
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 56 total)
  • The topic ‘Course is expired status problem’ is closed to new replies.