Multisite recommendations and considerations and known problems

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues Multisite recommendations and considerations and known problems

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 96 total)
  • Author
    ateya3d
    Spectator
    Hello Alex really the subsite is a mirror from my main website with all data and users, the main reason for subsite to restrict access to the users from one country only and  optimize the prices for this country  
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well if you are restricting the access between users on subsites then I would not recommend you to use the multisite for this . As I told on my previous reply here : https://wplms.io/support/forums/topic/multisite-recommendations-problems/page/2/#post-264313 Well if there is gonna be same users on both the sites then I would opt for multisite b ut if there is gonna be different users and no user should be allowed to login on other site without registering then It would be better to have two individual sites  and for data sync I may use import export option.   There is actually no advantage if there is not gonna be same users on different sites except having theme and plugins to update in one go. Please finalize your decision .We are halfway for creating the mapping with main site assuming there will be new users on your subsite and hence problem with usermeta wont appear there on subsites .
    ateya3d
    Spectator
    Hello Alex Let me clarify it mire Now we have main website for all countries After using Multisite Will be same users in database And the new user can register in any site in the network But after he rigester will redirect to the switable site depend on his country.. Thanks
    ateya3d
    Spectator
    Hello Alex Let me clarify it mire Now we have main website for all countries After using Multisite Will be same users in database And the new user can register in any site in the network But after he rigester will redirect to the switable site depend on his country.. Thanks
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well you modified plugin is ready . https://bit.ly/2z0bdfs With this plugin you will have a setting in wp-admin -> lms -> settings -> function -> sync areas : http://prntscr.com/strqnz   What you have to is just after copying your website to subsite , just run this sync once on the website . That's it , your users will not be lost now .   What this will do is it will map all usermeta with current site.  
    ateya3d
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    ateya3d
    Spectator
    ateya3d
    Spectator
    is the speed of this plugin ideal ?? its finish 1/20 in more than 1 hour it's need 24 hour for every site ?? i think something not right ??
    ateya3d
    Spectator
    your plugin fix take many hours and finally stopped and no any option to continue if i open it again will start from the beginning what i can do now ?? you have the login information and you can try with your self
    ateya3d
    Spectator
    i think with this plugin now we can do any thing he stopped 3 times after 2 hours and can't continue must be start from the first what we can do ??
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well plugins contains simple update query and check of meta key .I ran it on my localhost and it was not taking this much time . Im chekcing on your website .
    ateya3d
    Spectator
    please give me a final solution today this problem from 3 weeks
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Just checked the sync settings and it imported 20 values in less than 30 seconds . HERE IS THE PROOF : http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cY1jfqChbl AS I know my code well there are very very simply queries in it and each query runs individually not in one go . We knew the database complexity well and there written the code carefully for this. Can you please share a video sharing where this is running slow ? It could be due to internet of server traffic at that time or your server itself might be slow ?
    ateya3d
    Spectator
    Alex in my website 19000 approx. and if i talk your cheeking as a correct value 20 values in less than 30 seconds we need 6 hours for every site and no any time i get finished after 2 hours stopped and must be start from the beginning again and again and again    
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 96 total)
  • The topic ‘Multisite recommendations and considerations and known problems’ is closed to new replies.