[New Feature Request] "Course Content Cloner"

Home Forums General [ No Support Zone ] Feature Request Planned Features [New Feature Request] "Course Content Cloner"

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    quanto
    Spectator
    I'll be very happy to see a similar feature in WPLMS. I suggested it before on the old support website but I guess nobody looks there any more. I called it "course templates" (meaning course blueprints) - setting up a model course with all its unit/section structure, intro and outro lessons, associated products, groups, forums, prices (or memberships), etc. Everything is filled with some dummy (or even real) content. When you want to create a new course, you just clone this "model course" and replace the elements you need - changing course/unit/section titles, prices, etc... and finally start adding the new content. In this way, you'll make the look and feel of the website courses consistent, user experience more streamlined, enhance branding and the like. Here is a proof of concept from another LMS plugin. It'll be great if we also have something like this. Personally, I don't mind being a paid addon: Course Content Cloner   Course Cloner   This free add-on speeds up the course creating process by allowing you to instantly clone any course on your site. Once you create a general course format, adding other courses is just a click away!   Add-On Features Duplicate course hierarchy – With the click of a button you can immediately clone an entire course including lessons, topics, and quizzes. All content is placed into “draft” status. Bulk title editor – After cloning an entire course, the bulk title editor makes it easy for you to change the title of the course, its lessons, topics, and quizzes eliminating the need to visit each item individually.   How It Works Once installed and activated you will see a “clone course” option from your course list. In addition, there is a bulk title editor option added under the LMS menu item. After clicking “clone course”, the plugin will go through the process of creating duplicates of your course, including all associated lessons, topics, and quizzes. Once complete, you will be prompted to bulk edit the titles.
    No One
    Spectator
    +1
    mesrick
    Spectator
    I asked for this almost exactly (but admittedly not in as clean of a presentation) on the old forum as well. An added feature of particular interest as well would be for the cloner to allow you to change the author/map to a specific instructor when cloning. I really hope they add this. I needed it a year ago and still need it now.
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    This is a really good suggestion. Part of this is already implemented in the new Front end module for Questions, you now get question templates to building questions. We can add this same concept for courses as well. I am moving this to planned features.
    quanto
    Spectator
    Thank you!
    marsue
    Spectator
    I would love to have this feautre as well ! That would help so much creating quickly "flavours" of courses :
    • with or without drip feed
    • with or without access to forums
    • with or without badges, unit completion enforced ...
    Ashley Hayden
    Participant
    What is the ETA on this feature?
    angelantonio
    Spectator
    when will this happen? Also, could this happen in the front end so that Instructors can make themselves instructors of preset courses? Thank you   ETA please
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    adding this to the 2.3 update. https://trello.com/c/4vN6jXaY
    diego
    Participant
    Hi! I would like to know the status of this feature. Did you ever included it?
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘[New Feature Request] "Course Content Cloner"’ is closed to new replies.