Buddypress HTML emails

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues Buddypress HTML emails

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    liamsiviter
    Participant
    Hello, My buddy press emails are only sending in plain text and not HTML, I found a fix in the forum to go the the wp mail, but the output of the email shows this - https://www.awesomescreenshot.com/image/2788382/2396e5eb9bbbe019ec5dc46fbd4ae62b which looks pretty bad to receive. Any suggestions about a good way to fix the html emails? Many thanks, Sophie
    liamsiviter
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    liamsiviter
    Participant
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well this is something that we do not control in wplms . We have migrated to buddypress emails now and we just provide content to send through buddypress emails .After that its just buddypress that sends emails . Buddypress sends plain text email if there is a plugin which modified wp_main function . you need to deactivate such plugins and check again . second is to try saving the html email template from wp-admin -> appearance -> emails .
    liamsiviter
    Participant
    I double checked and could not find anything which modified the wp_main function. I also resaved the html email template. I also have a few more issues with the emails: 1. The new user email coming says it's coming from 'Wordpress' and the email address is [email protected]. This isn't even the domain it's on? 2. The user gets sent an activation email link, but it doesn't seem to do anything? They are still able to purchase courses, make comments etc. without activating their account? 3. When a new user registers for the site, the admin get's notifed, but the user isn't added? They're classed as pending? Is there a notification for the instructor to say this user is pending? How does anyone know to accept the registrations? Who is notified? 4. How can we confirm the registration before they get added? So we can only accept real submissions and not spam ones? Thanks, Sophie  
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    liamsiviter
    Participant
    1. You didn't answer this question, where does it pull this email from as this isn't even the domain it's on? 2. I know they're sending, but they don't seem to be doing anything? The user can still do everything without activating their account, I would like them to have to activate their account to be able to use the site? 3. I'm confused about this pending user thing? I don't seem to get notified about a user pending? I don't receive any notification? When Postman SMTP is activated I get text emails and the links are not properly showing - https://www.awesomescreenshot.com/image/2811774/f8d27c13464157aedc400fcd66ce8333
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    1. Please simply disable " SKIP MAIL VERIFICATION " and " REGISTER & LOGIN SIMULTANEOUSLY "  optionsin your custom registration from . 2. Well i also dont have any idea from where [email protected] is coming . that is why I asked you to try disabling all the third party plguins (which does not comes with wplms theme ) . The same problem is related with your html emails .
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Buddypress HTML emails’ is closed to new replies.