Emails sending in plain text, not HTML

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Emails sending in plain text, not HTML

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    dmakab2
    Participant
    Hello, Emails are not being sent in HTML but in plain text only. The emails used to work months ago but have not worked for a long time.
    • I have always used Postman SMTP.
    • I have disabled plugins, but none seems to be the cause of the problem.
    In this post from 10 months ago, you stated that that is a known issue. I believe it should be fixed by now. https://wplms.io/support/forums/topic/unable-to-send-out-html-format-email/ Finally, I purchased support today to resolve this issue, and your support is very expensive, so please do all you can to solve this problem. Thank you.
    dmakab2
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    dmakab2
    Participant
    Buddypress' HTML Emails cannot be sent via Postman because buddypress does not allow html emails, if wp_mail() has been redeclared which POSTMAN SMTP does. But you can send the HTML emails via basic PHP mail() function. Go to wp-admin->Plugins->Editor->Choose WLMS Customiser Plugin. Edit the wplms-customiser.php file Add this code and save. Refer to this Screenshot : https://prntscr.com/fe50km add_filter( 'bp_email_use_wp_mail', function() { return false; },99); Note that upon adding this line you will not be able to send messages via POSTMAN SMTP. But you can send HTML emails via your server. Please add this code and check if this solves your issue or not.
    liebisca
    Spectator
    I was working on this topic now, too. I use Postmarkapp, because it is better than postman for me, because I have a better score at mail-tester.com and it enables tracking. But I think this works the same as postman. The code from above allows me to send the HTML E-Mail, but it is not using postmark. So I just changed the code in buddypress, that forces to send the plain text. In \wp-content\plugins\buddypress\bp-core\bp-core-functions.php there is a line with "content_plaintext". Just change it to "content_html" and you are done. There is just one negative thing: the buddypress layout gets lost.
    dmakab2
    Participant
    Thank you both for your answers. Without an SMTP plugin, my emails do not get delivered, so I'm sorry, Skywalker, but that is not a solution. Thankfully, my Cloudways server has an SMTP option that was easy to configure. Now my emails are sending perfectly with no added Wordpress apps.    
    Hi, @dmakab2 We are really glad to know that your issue is resolved. We are marking your topic as resolved and closing it. Thank you and have a nice day :)
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Emails sending in plain text, not HTML’ is closed to new replies.